Dynadot

question Receiving domain sales payment in India and issues with Payoneer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anantj

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I've been using Payoneer for the past few years to receive payments. Sometime in the last year to year and a half, they changed their processes and asked for invoices and a URL for payments received through them. While the former is fine, the latter required certain specific details to be present in the URL (My name, address and a few other details).

Most of the payments that I received via Payoneer were for domain sales through Sedo, Dan.com or Brandpa.com. Both of these do not have the option to create a personalized landing page that can display my name, my address, phone number and other details as required by Payoneer.

As a result, for a recent payment from Brandpa, Payoneer cancelled/rejected the payment and also said that my "line of business eligibility" was not met and hence I cannot use Payoneer to receive payments anymore. I do not know why suddenly I wasn't eligible to use their services unlike the last 4-5 years I've been using them
I've already contacted Payoneer about this but in India, their service is practically non-existent and support is quite lacking.

What options/alternate services do I have to receive payments in India? The payments are in USD, Eur and GBP depending on the marketplace. I have several payments stuck as a result of the issues with Payoneer.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I always use wire transfer.

•••
Wire transfer and e-check are the best for me, payout is most important than other. I would never use payoneer again

•••
I always use wire transfer.
Thank you. I'd checked this with my bank and they charge a good chunk for receiving Wire Transfers

•••
Wire transfer and e-check are the best for me, payout is most important than other. I would never use payoneer again
Afaik, both Sedo and Brandpa cannot/do not do checks. Afternic and GD do echecks so it works out with them

•••
wire transfer best, bank may charge 3 to 3.5% as currency conversion charge, which even payoneer will charge you.

•••
Try calling them and complaining and getting clarifications then you decide whether to continue business with them or not

•••
•••
New in the domain business but have been receiving funds with Payoneer from affiliate companies without any issues. for several years (maybe 8yrs)

Have you ever received payment from Godaddy with Wire to your Payoneer?If so how? They do not have SWIFT codes as far as I know.

And then what is e-check? Pls forward any link of a company issuing e-check. Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back