Dynadot

REBEL has now automatic AUTORENEWALPAY 43 days befor exp.SOLUTION: ASK THEM 2 PUT MANUAL RENEWAL ON

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

LAST YEAR Rebel.Com began a campaign here. They were not new (and work together with Pool.com for B.O., and the company NAMESCOUT and REBEL became then 1 company), but the interface was very different then before. Much more complicated. You have to opt out as much as you can (and privay costs a lot of money) if you don't want to pay a lot for extra's.
Anyhow : they had promotions ..... !!!

Not a year later =>
Rebel.com seems to have changed
the status of autorenewal on or off => BY DEFAULT AUTORENEWAL IS ON.
AND WHAT IS MORE
=> they CHARGE YOUR CREDITCARD 43 DAYS BEFORE THE EXPIRYDATE. (or your paypalaccount)

The only thing you can do is contact them and ask to put your domains on MANUAL renewal (or "NOT AUTORENEW").

This is a very strange way of working => You can see it here ==> THE DEFAULT SYSTEM IS NOW =>
http://kb.rebel.com/knowledgebase/articles/475580-what-happened-to-the-auto-renewal-manager-and-can

If some domains are autorenewed however that you didn't wanted to renew, you can get you money back by ......"CANCELLING" the domain.before expiry.and FIRST calling them........ this is VERY (!!!) STRANGE.
Here you can see it
QUOTE If one of your domains is auto-renewed despite your intentions to let it lapse, please contact customer service before the original expiry date and we will credit or refund the fees for the domain renewal and reset it to expire at the orginal expiry date.END QUOTE

=> MY QUESTION of course is : And what about the 40 days of grace period after expiry date and transferring OUT also 40 days AFTER expirydate (which they had 2 or 3 years ago) ?? => This I still have to ask them.

BUT ANYHOW ==>
THE MAJOR THING IS CHARGING YOUR CREDITCARD 43 DAYS BEFORE EXPIRY DATE !!!
According to the LINK HERE ABOVE you can get your money back BY -after first calling them- "CANCELLING"the domainnames concerned.

ACCORDING TO THE LINK ABOVE : You can't even OPT OUT THIS STRANGE SYSTEM !!!

QUOTE => "Unfortunately there is no way to opt out of Auto-Renewal. We have implemented this new service to ensure that our customers do not lose their valued domains as well as to save them from costly fees for recovery and renewal.
We notify and bill you 43 days ahead of your expiry date in order to give you ample time to decide if you wish to continue renewing your domains. You may also turn on a renewal notice feature in your ‘Account Settings’ under ‘Manage Domains’, which will send you a warning email 10 days prior to your upcoming auto-renewals. END QUOTE

OF COURSE THIS MEANS "AUTOMATIC paying" 43 days before expiry date, AND (?) not having time till 40 th day after expiry ?
For domainers who don't give a damn about expiry date (if they have no website on their domain) and want to renew the last day possible, this would be a difference of 83 days in paying.

HOWEVER THERE IS A SOLUTION => I CONTACTED THEM BY CALL +1.866.497.3235 (at night) AND ASKED TO PUT AUTORENEWAL OF FOR ALL MY DOMAINS. The person on the phone said he would write an email to do so to the persons who work during the day.
==> AND INDEED NOW I see an "infinity- sign" =the letter eight laying down very tiny) after my domains , and they won't autorenew.

===>>> SO WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE DOMAINS AT REBEL.COM ? and don't wanna be charged 'automatically' 43 days before expiry date ? => Call them

ASAP and ask to put your domains from autorenewal to NOT AUTORENEWAL.

Greetz

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
check dn
hover AUTO RENEW on top.. on off options show up

are you using rebel.ca or rebel.com? can't see 'auto renew' anywhere.. can you please provide a screenshot?

•••
.com

when u checkbox dn then autorenew lights up ontop ..... its greyed otherwise... hover it to see on off options

infinity off sign u see means its off

Attachments

• ijuiouoiuiui.JPG
    ijuiouoiuiui.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
•••
.com

when u checkbox dn then autorenew lights up ontop ..... its greyed otherwise... hover it to see on off options

infinity off sign u see means its off

No auto-renew here.. anyways I have emailed support and told them to turn auto-renew off on all my domains.. Thanks mate.

•••
No auto-renew here.. anyways I have emailed support and told them to turn auto-renew off on all my domains.. Thanks mate.

sounds good

there is always that chance that it only shows up on account after you request auto renew off by email.. for a first time.

cause I did that too once.. and didn't have options before

its the only reason I can think of why I'd have it and not you

gl

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back