IT.COM

question Reaching the decision maker while outbounding

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dominos93

Upgraded Member
Impact
I have started dabbling into some outbound marketing for a few of my domains.

My question is how do you reach or find the email of the actual end user or decision maker of an existing business? As most website use a [email protected] or [email protected] I believe sending an email to these addresses will probably go to someone who is not the owner of the business depending on the size of their company.

I have used hunter dot io to try find a different email address with no luck. Linked in to try find the owners.

Are there any tools and tactics available to reach the end users?

Thanks in advance everyone.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The #1 most important thing is to contact the right person at the company, the decision maker....

Check the company exec team on their website, Google, Bloomberg, Yahoo finance etc and find someone who can make the call on whether to buy the name (ie the business development manager, CEO etc). For example, If you Google "Cisco Executive team" for instance, it comes up with this - https://newsroom.cisco.com/exec-bios, so its not hard to find the right person. If you Google "Cisco Email format", it comes up with this - https://rocketreach.co/cisco-email-format_1063

So its not hard figure out the person's email either. I find LinkedIn a very useful resource for this.

For smaller companies that may not be in Bloomberg or Yahoo Finance etc, sometimes you can google something like "company name CEO" or look on LinkedIn and then find the persons name and then work out the email from there. You can search a company on LinkedIn and then click "People" down the left hand side and it will show you a list of people who work there with their job titles.

This is just what works for me and can be tweaked to suit yourself

1) Email end-users with a short to-the-point email offering them your name

2) Only offer the name you want them to buy, dont spam them with "If you dont like that name, what about this other list of 500 names I have....."

3) Ensure you have a decision-maker in the company, DONT just use the WHOIS email, most of the time it will get ignored/deleted - Use LinkedIn, Bloomberg, yahoo Finance, Company site, Google etc to find out who the CEO, Business Development Manager is and contact them directly

4) Be patient, they dont always reply straight away (if at all) - Don't flood them with emails if they dont reply.

5) Be polite and professional at all times, thank them for their time if they aren't interested, you never know if they might need/want the name later on.

6) Use Escrow for sales, it provides them with a level of security when dealing with someone they dont know, especially if you have contacted them first.

7) Send an email after the Escrow transaction asking them if they have the name in their account, thank them for their time, wish them all the best in the future etc...I think politeness and professionalism goes a long way in this industry, especially with the all the scammers online these days.

Hope that helps, good luck

•••
The #1 most important thing is to contact the right person at the company, the decision maker....

Check the company exec team on their website, Google, Bloomberg, Yahoo finance etc and find someone who can make the call on whether to buy the name (ie the business development manager, CEO etc). For example, If you Google "Cisco Executive team" for instance, it comes up with this - https://newsroom.cisco.com/exec-bios, so its not hard to find the right person. If you Google "Cisco Email format", it comes up with this - https://rocketreach.co/cisco-email-format_1063

So its not hard figure out the person's email either. I find LinkedIn a very useful resource for this.

For smaller companies that may not be in Bloomberg or Yahoo Finance etc, sometimes you can google something like "company name CEO" or look on LinkedIn and then find the persons name and then work out the email from there. You can search a company on LinkedIn and then click "People" down the left hand side and it will show you a list of people who work there with their job titles.

This is just what works for me and can be tweaked to suit yourself

1) Email end-users with a short to-the-point email offering them your name

2) Only offer the name you want them to buy, dont spam them with "If you dont like that name, what about this other list of 500 names I have....."

3) Ensure you have a decision-maker in the company, DONT just use the WHOIS email, most of the time it will get ignored/deleted - Use LinkedIn, Bloomberg, yahoo Finance, Company site, Google etc to find out who the CEO, Business Development Manager is and contact them directly

4) Be patient, they dont always reply straight away (if at all) - Don't flood them with emails if they dont reply.

5) Be polite and professional at all times, thank them for their time if they aren't interested, you never know if they might need/want the name later on.

6) Use Escrow for sales, it provides them with a level of security when dealing with someone they dont know, especially if you have contacted them first.

7) Send an email after the Escrow transaction asking them if they have the name in their account, thank them for their time, wish them all the best in the future etc...I think politeness and professionalism goes a long way in this industry, especially with the all the scammers online these days.

Hope that helps, good luck

Thankyou for the insightful post I will take this into consideration.

As I was reading this I came across the personal Facebook account of the managing director of the company.

Now I do see this as an opportunity considering he will definitely see the message. I also can see this as a bit intrusive and less formal.

•••
Thankyou for the insightful post I will take this into consideration.

As I was reading this I came across the personal Facebook account of the managing director of the company.

Now I do see this as an opportunity considering he will definitely see the message. I also can see this as a bit intrusive and less formal.

I would avoid using FB to contact people. He will probably be in LinkedIn as well, or figure out his business email.

•••
As @gilescoley said,Linkedin is the best way.
I do the same thing, but they usually just agree to your friend's application and won't talk to you.

•••
•••
Loved that post @gilescoley !!! Very insightful and full of much needed info for us beginners!!

•••
Back