IT.COM

Japan - How to find the decision maker?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Plato

Top Member
Impact
Hi!
I want to find the decision maker from a medium sized Japanese company.
The company owns the co.jp

Has anybody experience in this field?
Anybody here from Japan or with Japanese roots?

I could really use a little help here :wacky:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What are you trying to sell them? The .com? They probably don't need it if all their customers are japanese :(

•••
Thanks for your reply. Yes the .com They work with some big US and European companies...

•••
Is it going to be worth you highering a japanese speaker to call their phone number and speak to anybody? Is there any email on their website where you could send an english/japanese translation. Does their website have any indication about their hierarchical structure? I'd suggest Head of Marketing might be a good place to start. Stressing they might make some money with a deeper penetration into American & European Markets with the use of the english translation of their domain name.

Not to discourage you. But many Japanese companies are tightwads when it comes to their domain names.

Last edited:
•••
Is it going to be worth you highering a japanese speaker to call their phone number and speak to anybody?

Actually that sounds great. It's a 5 L brandable... Could be worth a try.

Is there any email on their website where you could send an english/japanese translation. Does their website have any indication about their hierarchical structure?

They have only the info@ email on their website but never opened my mails. Can't find any company informations anywhere. I can't even get any reasonable results with whois co.jp ( it's only in Japanese)

*EDIT: After a few automated translations I was able to find at least the name of the ceo and the company phone number.

Last edited:
•••
Sounds good. You now need his email address. Or have an interpreter call him. Make sure the interpreter is soundly briefed.

•••
Actually that sounds great. It's a 5 L brandable... Could be worth a try.

They have only the info@ email on their website but never opened my mails. Can't find any company informations anywhere. I can't even get any reasonable results with whois co.jp ( it's only in Japanese)

*EDIT: After a few automated translations I was able to find at least the name of the ceo and the company phone number.

If you have his name you can try your luck at finding his email, try to do verification on hunter or mailtester with obvious combos like firstname.lastname and stuff. Best of luck!

•••
If you have his name you can try your luck at finding his email, try to do verification on hunter or mailtester with obvious combos like firstname.lastname and stuff. Best of luck!

Hi and thanks! All email finder tools (that I know) can't find anything about this Japanese company/ ceo... Actually I'm looking for that kind of tools for japanese companies.

Last edited:
•••
Sounds good. You now need his email address. Or have an interpreter call him. Make sure the interpreter is soundly briefed.

Thanks! I'm looking now for an interpreter.

If anybody here speaks Japanese please pm me

•••
They have only the info@ email on their website but never opened my mails.
Your mails ? How many did you send ? You should send only one mail, but aim for the right target. If you get no reply then move on. Sending multiple times sounds pushy, desperate and possibly spam. You know, like those pesky SEO spammers.

Also, if the name is identical to their brand name, there may be TM issues. It's always a delicate issue when you are the one soliciting for a name that you otherwise have no use for.

•••
Your mails? How many did you send ?
Hi Kate. Thanks for your reply. 3 mails in the last 4-5 months. I'm tracking my mails. The never opened/received them...

Also, if the name is identical to their brand name, there may be TM issues. It's always a delicate issue when you are the one soliciting for a name that you otherwise have no use for.

Yes, it is a very delicate matter. The company exists since 2011. The don't have any TM's in Japan or elsewhere (yet)...

Last edited:
•••
Hi Kate. Thanks for your reply. 3 mails in the last 4-5 months. I'm tracking my mails. The never opened/received them...
Are you absolutely certain about that ? How did you determine that ? Never opened and never received are two different things. Either way, you need to figure out what you're doing wrong. Maybe the mail is trapped as spam.

•••
Could be... Or maybe they don't run their business anymore. It's really hard to say without any language skills.

•••
About the email tracking: I just use Hubspot.

Last edited:
•••
Step 1) Leveraging Common Connections on LinkedIn

Use LinkedIn to find out if you or any of your colleagues have a common connection at your targeted company. If you’re lucky enough to find one, ask for an introduction to someone at said company who is or knows the decision maker. You may be able to avoid outbound all together!

Of course, most deals aren’t going to be that easy. If you don’t have any common connections, move to Step 2.

Step 2) Mapping the Organization

Now it’s time to start mapping the org. If it’s a public company, take a look at their 10-K filing. If it’s a private company, it’ll take little more work. Using advanced searching, Sales Navigator and visiting profiles, you’ll be able to make an educated guess on the likely decision makers and begin reaching out.

If it’s a particularly large company and you have a dozen or more potential decision makers but can’t decide who to pursue, proceed to Step 3.

Step 3) Narrowing Down by Visiting Profiles

With your narrowed list of leads, it’s time to start diving into each individual profile. There are two main things to look for.

Length of Service: Look at how long target prospects have been in their current positions. For example, if a VP has only been at that company for two months but a Director has been there for three years, chances are the Director has more influence and buying power.

Skills and Endorsements: Looking at this can give you a sense of who is qualified to make this type of decision. For example, you can look at tools they use, management skills they possess (like coaching), or the tactical skills someone must have to really understand your product.

Step 4) Starting an Outbound Campaign

By this point, you should have a great idea of who to target, but if you still don’t no problem. Either way, it’s time to start your outbound sales campaign.

There are two approaches you can take: top-down and bottom-up.

Ethan Stark

•••
Ethan, thank you very much for your detailed and insightful points!

•••
Fiverr has a paid translator w over 1000 sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back