Dynadot

new gtlds Re-branding chessstream.com to chess.stream

NameSilo
Watch

Chacha Wixard

Established Member
Impact
upload_2020-1-30_20-6-22.png

We had been thinking to re-brand 8 years old website chessstream.com to chess.stream. We claimed the domain last week. We are still redirecting the new name to old domain, but we will re-do the website to new design anyway. We will see if changing the name does not drop the Google rank. Hopefully not dropping, and can be better with short name. If Google indexes the gtlds as a keyword, it is better with short name. We will see.

I know some of dot com fanatics won't like gtlds, but for me chess.stream is cooler :)

regards

Chacha

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice choice! It is much cleaner this way! Best of luck to you :)

•••
Thanks! Yes cleaner. There is triple S and with new domain it is cleaner. We just need current users to get used to with putting dot in between words. Probably that is hard part.

•••
Thanks! Yes cleaner. There is triple S and with new domain it is cleaner. We just need current users to get used to with putting dot in between words. Probably that is hard part.
Yes, I am not a fan of double and triple repeated letters in word. For sure the new one looks cleaner. Best wishes for the new name, and thanks for sharing the news and reasoning with us.
Bob

•••
From a rebranding standpoint I think you have done ok, it reads well & yes.. it looks ‘clean’ you have the .com so I can’t see an issue here.. best of luck :)

•••
From a rebranding standpoint I think you have done ok, it reads well & yes.. it looks ‘clean’ you have the .com so I can’t see an issue here.. best of luck :)

Thanks! Yes, I have the com, and I will keep both of course.

•••
I saw another post in NP about Live.Chat was purchased for $125K from Donuts Inc. It could be by LiveChat.com, but could be just someone else.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back