Dynadot

QXZ.COM J9Y.COM are stolen!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
QXZ.COM J9Y.COM were pushed back to my account

now,the domains were pushed back to my account.
thanks godaddy.
thanks owntag.
thanks all.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
sorry,my english is not well enought

this afternoon, my email [email protected] received a email from godaddy.com

It told me that ,my domain's (Qxz.com and j9y.com) registerant was changed,
so I login my godaddy.com account asap, and they are stolen.
somebody made a account transfer for them.

So,after five minutes ,I post this thread.

please not buy them.

and help wanted here.

The email address for the new registrant of the domain is [email protected].
and now the email address for the j9y.com is [email protected]

help me !!!!!

I am wang xianwei.
my domain was stolen!

•••
Whenever there is a problem with a stolen domain, it always seems to be Godaddy that has the problems...

•••
So true MJB yet people continue to tout them as some great registrar. If they did not have coupons to use, they would be pretty useless. It shows what marketing can do even for a sub-par product.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Also have you posted this on other forums? I'd target DNF & Digital Point especially the latter as that place is crawling with scammers.

•••
Whenever there is a problem with a stolen domain, it always seems to be Godaddy that has the problems...

GoDaddy's basic security is no worse than many others. However, GoDaddy is among the world's most popular registrars - hence more stories of quality domains being "stolen" there. Statistically speaking, one's domains at GoDaddy are likely as safe as most elsewhere.

Point is that for someone to steal a domain at GoDaddy, they would need to compromise the user's GoDaddy account. Doesn't GoDaddy email account changes get sent to the last email on file? They always have for me.

If so, the xserver should have received at least one email saying that their account email was being changed and/or domains were being transferred out ... or does GoDaddy's email notifications not always work?

EDIT 1: according to xserver he received an email notice - so GoDaddy's security worked as intended. One can debate whether GoDaddy should include more security to all accounts, but their default is similar to that of many other registrars.

Of course if a person's GoDaddy account and email account are both hacked, well then, to put it bluntly, the user is SOL ... unless they use one of the few registrars that supports extra security such as an encryption token, manual updates such as over the phone, and/or VeriSign RegisTRY Lock (far as I know, only MarkMonitor offers that).

xserver- email [email protected] at once. And, if you can, call them too. Don't wait. In the meantime, keep warning people on the forums to avoid those domains until you get them back.

EDIT 2: As of this moment, the domains are still at GoDaddy. Email [email protected] - they can help! ...

And for anyone thinking of buying these and transferring them out - the losing registrar, GoDaddy, has the right to get those domains transferred back.

And anyone unfortunate enough to buy "stolen" domains, upon reversal, is, effectively, no longer a customer of either registrar - has little to no effective recourse. Search old threads here for buyers who lost tens of thousands buying domains without doing due diligence; overly trusting Sedo and similar places - such services don't guarantee the seller has ownership.

Ron

Last edited:
•••
Email received:
Sender Address Domain - server2.mayaserver.net
X-PHP-Script: modernmarket.ir/index2.php for 93.186.168.75
hi
i am selling qxz.com for just 2990 usd
if you are interest in qxz.com we can do a fast transaction
contact me by this email:
[email protected]
thanks alot

•••
Email received:
Sender Address Domain - server2.mayaserver.net
X-PHP-Script: modernmarket.ir/index2.php for 93.186.168.75

may i ask why you have received an emal from a possible thief ????

please note i am just curious , maybe they know you from another forum

•••
may i ask why you have received an emal from a possible thief ????

please note i am just curious , maybe they know you from another forum

I'm assuming it's because I own a few LLL.com's already. It was sent from a script so it probably went to everyone with an LLL.com domain name.

If you check the site modernmarket.ir, it looks like he's also marketing CFJ.com

•••
now,the domain was push back to my account.
thanks godaddy.
thanks owntag.
thanks all.

Last edited:
•••
Scan your pc for virus and trojans. Then try using another secure computer to change your passwords. Send email to godaddy as mentioned above.

•••
•••
now,the domain was push back to my account.
thanks godaddy.
thanks owntag.
thanks all.

•••
question is , how did he get your details ??? and what should over people do to avoid the same trouble ?

let us know please

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back