NameSilo

Question...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I want to start my own domain name buying and selling business and am a bit confused as to which route I should take.

I am planning on buying about 100 domain names with extensions running from .com to .cc and .tv. I want to purchase names in bulk, hold on to them for a couple weeks, then resell them by the best means necessary.

Now is this something that screams out "Enom!"? Or should I buy the names trough GoDaddy and wait 60 days for the transfer period.

Any help to get me started- I have a large portfolio just waiting for me out there! :guilty:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Free $8.95 Enom Reseller account to start, IMHO.
Lots of very experienced, honorable, and trustworthy folks here at Namepros.com that can assist you with its initial set-up, questions, maintenance, etc.
All the best! :talk:
:wave:

•••
You might want to look around a bit as you can get some of your domains for around half that price.

•••
If you plan on registering 100+ domains you might as well apply for ETP status from eNom and work your way towards $6.95 pricing. That 60 day no transfer period does not only apply to godaddy but all registrars, for .com .net .org extensions. Other extensions can be more flexible and don't have this no transfer period however GoDaddy has it for anything you register there and it also applies to fresh "pushes". So you should be able to transfer domains freely within registrars at any point but as far as transferring out to another registrar, 60 days is industry standard and theres not much that can be done.

More Info

http://www.enom.com/resellers

•••
.edu said:
If you plan on registering 100+ domains you might as well apply for ETP status from eNom and work your way towards $6.95 pricing.

But doesn't starting as an ETP require a large initial deposit?

•••
Anthony said:
.edu said:
If you plan on registering 100+ domains you might as well apply for ETP status from eNom and work your way towards $6.95 pricing.

But doesn't starting as an ETP require a large initial deposit?

For $895 you can become an ETP with $8.95 pricing If I remember correctly.

•••
james, i think you should hang abit more around here to learn from the pros if you havent researched the subject througly....otherwise the names would look great to you but worth on reg fees to the market.

enom, namecheap, are all good. or get a reseller from a reseller here, drmaximus is one helpful doctor!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back