IT.COM

Question for US residents on 1099's on sale of domain

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
My registrar is not located in US and doesn't send 1099's for income of sales of domain names.
In the past I just used the tax ID number of the escrow service, because when I file it asks for business ID # of the buyer. Many of the buyers are not US residents so they have no tax id #.

My question is when dealing with outside USA companies can you just list the name of buyer without a tax id number and will it go through the Eternal revenue service
Thanks
Joe T

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
i say, why tale da eye r s bout any sail wood bee my question

but then, what kind of amounts are we talking?

now if that's your only income source, then yeah,
but if not, unless buyer sends form to dem, or unless u bank is reporting u income,

then i keep mouth shut

cuz, y gov gotta know what's in u wallet?

imo......

Last edited:
•••
In the past a good amount, I have to give unto ceasar what is ceasars

•••
In the past a good amount, I have to give unto ceasar what is ceasars

i feel ya

in the past, i've had to give his ass, some duckies too.

but make sure u taking them expenses as well

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
i say, why tale da eye r s bout any sail wood bee my question

Because some US citizens understand the responsibilities that go with being privileged to be a citizen of the US, and support their country by fulfilling their responsibilities instead of simply saluting flags and bleating "freedom isn't free" when other people are asked to die for it.

Paying the taxes one legally owes to the US is the bare minimum that anyone can do along the lines of "patriotism", unless it is merely an empty word thrown around for show.

•••
Because some US citizens understand the responsibilities that go with being privileged to be a citizen of the US, and support their country by fulfilling their responsibilities instead of simply saluting flags and bleating "freedom isn't free" when other people are asked to die for it.

Paying the taxes one legally owes to the US is the bare minimum that anyone can do along the lines of "patriotism", unless it is merely an empty word thrown around for show.

and still, Trump has not disclosed, his tax returns.

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back