Dynadot

question Escrow.com - U.S. Bank account for non us residents

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

I am planning to use nameinvestors.com-s domain shop. It is integrated with escrow.com so after every sale (if there will be any) I will receive the funds via Escrow.com.

Question: Is there any way to open a us bank account for non US residents?

I don't want them to transfer the money to my domestic bank account.
Is there any alternatives?

(No, we don't use cheques)

Cheers
Rob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have a look at payoneer.com

•••
I have checked them, but everywhere said that you cannot use payoneer with escrow.
I will ask them directly.
Thank you Kate.

•••
Pioneer works a bit like paypal, you can send and receive payments from other members, they also supply you with a VISA debit card, and you can apply for a US bank account. The account can be used to receive ACH payments from US businesses, like escrow.com or Sedo. It can also be linked with Paypal normally. And you can withdraw money with the card, or pay for your shopping with it :)

•••
An alternative that I used a few years ago - and probably can still be done - is opening a share trading account at eTrade USA. It comes with a free bank account and free eTrade Visa Debit card that can be used anywhere. From memory you don't need to actually make any share trades.

It wasn't too painful to set up, and it is a "real" bank account that will be treated seriously wherever you do business.

•••
I heard that E*trade closed the loophole... maybe too many non-Americans were taking advantage of the scheme and weren't really interested in using the account for trading.
I think there are some alternatives for non-residents in the form of ACH-only accounts with debit card. A word of warning, it is not always possible to deposit checks. Or the account may be restricted to ACH only, no wire transfers. Which means you can receive money from companies; not individuals. Payoneer has all those limitations, it's not a fully-fledged bank account but it otherwise works fine if you'll be receiving money from Paypal, Sedo, Escrow etc....

•••
I read that since late 2014, one can't withdraw money from PayPal to Payoneer. Anyone tried?

Can one use funds in Payoneer to make credit/debit or PayPal payment in USD?

@Kate, do you u mean that Payoneer can only accept payment from Escrow.com via ACH, and not Check by regular mail?

•••
Try Bank of America.
i think they provide such service for non-us

•••
@Kate, do you u mean that Payoneer can only accept payment from Escrow.com via ACH, and not Check by regular mail?
ACH only, I don't think they even accept wire transfers.

If you want to receive checks you need a full US bank account.

•••
Hello,

I am planning to use nameinvestors.com-s domain shop. It is integrated with escrow.com so after every sale (if there will be any) I will receive the funds via Escrow.com.

Cheers
Rob

•••
Hello,

Cheers
Rob

Yes you can signup for US Payment Service for free At payoneer.com and escrow.com is payoneer partner you can receve money from escrow to payoneer

•••
Yes you can signup for US Payment Service for free At payoneer.com and escrow.com is payoneer partner you can receve money from escrow to payoneer

Will the seller be considered as US based so that if the buyer is US based, the buyer can pay by PayPal / credit cards. If I don't remember wrongly, payment by PayPal/credit card by buyer is only available if both parties are US based.

Second, what are the ways a seller can receive funds from Payoneer?

•••
You will receive a mastercard, so you can pay with it or get cash from any ATM.
I am using it, its working :)

•••
I read that since late 2014, one can't withdraw money from PayPal to Payoneer. Anyone tried?

Can one use funds in Payoneer to make credit/debit or PayPal payment in USD?

You can withdraw from PayPal to payoneer. Its working well.

•••
You will receive a mastercard, so you can pay with it or get cash from any ATM.
I am using it, its working :)

Were you able to receive your escrow funds through payoneer US account after selling your domain?

•••
•••
Alright, Please I need the branch city and branch state for the payoneer's bank of america. Thanks

•••
The main question here is has anyone here tried to receive cash from escrow.com to payoneer.com debit card. Escrow.com is accepted in most of the marketplaces and if you receive directly to the debit card then you will be saving a lot of money.

•••
Escrow to Payoneer works fine. Select US ACH disbursement.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back