Dynadot

question Question about responding to a Domain Request thread in NamePros MarketPlace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Vivi

Established Member
Impact
I have read the rules for sellers responding to Domain Request threads, and I know the domain has to fit all the criteria, but I'm a little puzzled about one thing.

If I want to respond to a domain request, and if one of my domains fits all the criteria, does it matter if my domain is already listed for sale at GoDaddy, or is the NamePros domain request thread meant only for private sales i.e. for otherwise unlisted domains?

In other words, I have a domain that I feel would be a great fit for the poster's request, but awhile ago I'd already listed my domain as as a "buy now only" item on GoDaddy (a straight buy now, no offer/counteroffer), so that's where it is. Can I PM the poster with the info and the link, or would that be against the rules? What are a) the rules and b) the etiquette (if they differ) surrounding this question, please?

I'd appreciate any clarification about whether or not I can proceed, as I want to ensure I'm doing things correctly. I'm still learning here! Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have read the rules for sellers responding to Domain Request threads, and I know the domain has to fit all the criteria, but I'm a little puzzled about one thing.

If I want to respond to a domain request, and if one of my domains fits all the criteria, does it matter if my domain is already listed for sale at GoDaddy, or is the NamePros domain request thread meant only for private sales i.e. for otherwise unlisted domains?

In other words, I have a domain that I feel would be a great fit for the poster's request, but awhile ago I'd already listed my domain as as a "buy now only" item on GoDaddy (a straight buy now, no offer/counteroffer), so that's where it is. Can I PM the poster with the info and the link, or would that be against the rules? What are a) the rules and b) the etiquette (if they differ) surrounding this question, please?

I'd appreciate any clarification about whether or not I can proceed, as I want to ensure I'm doing things correctly. I'm still learning here! Thanks.

If the domain fits the criteria requested nothing wrong with shooting either just the domain name or a link to where ya have it listed. Many domainers have their domains listed all over the place GoDaddy, Sedo, Afternic, DomainNameSales etc... so would be rare to find a domain name that isn't listed for sale somewhere.

Last edited:
•••
If it's not on an active auction with bids on GoDaddy then you'll be fine. If someone buys it here then just remove it from GoDaddy.

•••
@SpareDomains , @ulterios (and others who wish to respond) Does the sale have to be completed here at NamePros, or could it be completed at GoDaddy? (I mean in the case of a straight Buy Now listing, not a bid type of situation). I'm just asking in case the person has any interest in my domain, I would want to know how to proceed.

•••
@SpareDomains , @ulterios (and others who wish to respond) Does the sale have to be completed here at NamePros, or could it be completed at GoDaddy? (I mean in the case of a straight Buy Now listing, not a bid type of situation). I'm just asking in case the person has any interest in my domain, I would want to know how to proceed.

Can be completed anywhere you prefer as your domain name. Can sell through an aftermarket GoDaddy, Sedo, Afternic etc... or do a direct deal through Escrow.com etc... and save the aftermarket commission since you found the buyer on your own.

•••
•••
When someone is looking for a domain and you reply and strike a deal it can be completed anywhere but remember to remove it form everywhere that you have it listed when the transaction is completed.

Good Luck

•••
@ulterios - thank you for the info, this was very helpful to me.

•••
•••
Thanks, @ulterios . I hope there is some interest from the requester but there might not be. :| I guess I'll just have to wait and see (I sent the PM after seeing what you and @SpareDomains had to say).

•••
To be frank, most of the requesters expect a reseller price and not the end-user price like we usually price at GoDaddy. This is because they are mostly domainers looking for a bargain to resell.

•••
Oh, right, thanks @Nerevar .

I listed it on GoDaddy for what I thought was cheap bargain-type pricing (yes I know that's a whole other question in itself). So I guess I thought it was priced toward resellers, but you've brought up a great point, which is that the requester might PERCEIVE my domain to have been priced toward end users instead. Hmmmm. Thinking.

I'm glad you are pointing out these beginner things to me, I have a lot to learn and this is helpful info thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back