Domain Empire

Question about link popularity

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have recently developed a website and would naturally like some visitors.

Anyone who knows the usual way/strategy of building up a sites
link-popularity?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
submit it to as many directories as possible. Thats one way

•••
newshunter said:
Anyone who knows the usual way/strategy of building up a sites link-popularity?
press release, submit articles, link exchange,directories and forum sigs..

•••
You should definitely invest into SEO. If I'm correct and your site is www.filming.la , then make sure that you have as much text as your links. If your nav bar contains images as items, Google won't be able to index them because search engines like text. If you optimize your site well, you can get some serious traffic from search engines. In terms of links, try and contact blogs with similar topics and see if you can get a link exchange going. If not, post good comments on forums such as this and you could get a few people clicking your URL. Best of luck!

•••
#1 Make sure you site is SEO (search engine optimized)
#2 Content is king! Have as much rich content as possible
#3 Submit your site to google, yahoo, msn, and dmoz
#4 Start a reciprocal link campanign and trade links with high PR quality websites

If you complete those steps correctly you will see a gain in traffic after one or two search engine updates.

•••
•••
Link exchange, directory, forums in tha sig area, link partners

•••
buy some sig sapce in this forum, advertise your site. lol

•••
Hey,

try submitting to as many web directories as you can. You can find some good directory lists on the web. One of them is : http://www.addurl.nu/

Starting doing some link exchanges and you can also join advertising networks like Digitalpoint's Co-Op or LinkVault.

SW

•••
•••
the above suggestions are good, articles really help, I'd suggest staying away from recropical links, unless the site linking to you has more PR value and rankings that your, it hurts your site by having a outgoing link to their site.

Make sure your code is clean, also work on getting visitors to stay as long as possible.

Good luck!

•••
Best getting linked to your site with PR4 or higher

•••
Thanks for recommending my list on http://www.addurl.nu . I am trying to make it the best list on the net.

http://www.addurl.nu i have used them before

Really? I only had 2 finished clients so far, then I know who you must be :) Or you didn't take the service but only used the list? That is fine to.

Yes to get links on your first site and you have no PageRank yet is really hard. Try to write something useful and make link exchanges with similar sites. Submit also to many directories. Once you get some PageRank it will be easier.

•••
•••
•••
DJ-Sound said:
the above suggestions are good, articles really help, I'd suggest staying away from recropical links, unless the site linking to you has more PR value and rankings that your, it hurts your site by having a outgoing link to their site.

Has that been proven?

StudioWorks said:
You're welcome :) It's a really nice list. Congrats:)

Site can't be found.

•••
Has that been proven?
Definitely NOT. non-reciprocals are preffered but get as many links as you can. But don't get like many hundreds of reciprocals as I think it is then Google and others may penalize you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back