IT.COM

Question about IE6...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MSX

Established Member
Impact
How do I set the size for new IE windows that I open? I want them to be either maximized when I double click the IE icon, or very big (screen-width).

Thanks,
Nate

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I take it when you open your internet windows there small or only half the size of your screen?

As far as my knowledge goes, you cannot set them to Maximized by default, however to set the size to big to just need to make every 'small' window that appears big. Gradually over time the computer will response to this and start openin your windows in a big size.

Do you understand!? I hope so. :)

•••
If you decreased the Browser size for any reason it will respond the same way the next time.

Try manually maximizing the browser twice or thrice..

•••
when you open a new window and it is small just use your mouse to drag it to full size. now hold the control key and close the window. open again and should be full size from now on.

•••
Originally posted by holeinone
If you decreased the Browser size for any reason it will respond the same way the next time.

Try manually maximizing the browser twice or thrice..

Thats it :tu:

What holeinone is saying is that you may have *shrunk* your Internet Explorer window manually and then closed out. Once you closed out Internet Explorer kept your most recent size in it's head and repsonds by openning it to that size you had every time. So open Internet Explorer then drag the bottom right corner to the right and down until you are satisfied with the size of the window. Now close out and see if it's your new size you made. If it's not, then simply try it a few mores times.

Hope this info helps you out! :D

•••
I love it when one person responses to somebody else to help them out, and later loads of other people response saying basicly the same as the first guy did.

...NOT! :|

Don't people read the other posts in a topic before bothering to reply!?

•••
Thanks Darren and everyone else! :)

Nate

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back