Dynadot

Pushing Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
If you push a name to another account, will the nameservers change or remain the same? (this is assuming that the other account doesn't change them)
-Addy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes the nameservers will stay the same until the new owner changes them.

•••
unless you have a service that has the option to change all name serves to presepcified ones (either you or the company). Then it will change automatically.

•••
Lol two different replies contradicting eachother. Does anyone else know if the nameservers will remain the same or change?

•••
should stay the same for most registrars until new owner changes them

•••
•••
In reference to Addy's question about pushing...I think it would be quite beneficial to some of us if one of you could please spell out the entire procedure step by step using small words...ha,ha, on how to transfer a domain name from one registrar to another, because some people find it uncomfortable with having to put someone else's name as administrator of their domain names in their details area.
>
Thanks, Neo

•••
GoDaddy - Stay the same
WWD - Stay the same
RegFly - Stay the same
Domainsite - Stay the same
DD24 - Reverts to default

Just what I was able to gather from recent purchases/sales.

-Allan

•••
Neo54 said:
In reference to Addy's question about pushing...I think it would be quite beneficial to some of us if one of you could please spell out the entire procedure step by step using small words...ha,ha, on how to transfer a domain name from one registrar to another, because some people find it uncomfortable with having to put someone else's name as administrator of their domain names in their details area.
>
Thanks, Neo
You want us to explain how to transfer a domain to a different registrar, correct? Not push to another account? (I'm asking because my topic was about pushing so I'm not sure which you would like help with).

•••
domain.addict said:
You want us to explain how to transfer a domain to a different registrar, correct? Not push to another account? (I'm asking because my topic was about pushing so I'm not sure which you would like help with).
>
>Sorry, but I thought in order to transfer a domain name to a different registrar, as in the buyer, one had to push it to the other persons account.
>Is that not correct?
>Would you please help me to understand the difference?
>
>Thanks, Neo

•••
all the registrars I have used the NS will stay the same through the push, even a transfer until the new domain owner changes them

•••
When you push a name it means going from one account to another inside the same registry...transfer means from one register to another....it can be confusing for newer people because some will sell domains and say free transfer but they usually mean push. Hope this clears it up some for you :)

•••
DN Tycoon said:
When you push a name it means going from one account to another inside the same registry...transfer means from one register to another....it can be confusing for newer people because some will sell domains and say free transfer but they usually mean push.

That's not always the case, because at Go Daddy (or any other registrar without a "push" function) there's no push system so I wouldn't exactly say you're pushing a name. You have to enter in the new owner's information so it's more of a transfer, however it's still within the same registrar and from one account to another. :talk:

Last edited:
•••
Most registrars leave the name the same. A few have custom setups that default the nameserver to your default profile if one is set up. A few lesser ones automatically change it to their default parking page (avoid them). I can't remember which, but at least one asks you in the push whether to keep the current info or default to the new account profile (registerfly, maybe).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back