NameSilo

advice Purchasing a .us domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kevvykev0

Impact
So there is a company who ONLY does business in the US, and they do not have the .us extension for their domain.

What are the repercussions of purchasing the .us extension and selling it to them?

I dont think this is very ethical, but i have to assume this does happen.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So there is a company who ONLY does business in the US, and they do not have the .us extension for their domain.

What are the repercussions of purchasing the .us extension and selling it to them?

You answered your own question. Case closed.

•••
but are there repercussions. i didnt answer that, if i knew i wouldnt ask.

•••
Do the search here. This question has been asked 2,343 times.

•••

More than likely they don't care about the .us, .com is the real country code for the U.S.

•••
If they already own the .com, they probably would not want the .us unless it is relatively inexpensive. I have had interest for several .us domains from international entities that wish to establish a US presence/division.
Your plan is somewhat inadvisable. Look for names which hold promise on their own merit and are not tied to a particular company and their brand.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back