IT.COM

Purchased a "Buy Now" domain at GoDaddy and the seller backed out.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I purchased a name today at Godaddy, it was registered with Godaddy and had a "Buy Now" price. I got an email later saying...

It has come to our attention that the seller of XXXXXXXXX.com will not be able to complete the transaction as agreed. At this time we have taken action against the seller and have issued a refund for the purchase of this domain. Please let us know if you have any questions and we apologize for the inconvenience.

This seems a bit strange to me. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
happens. not everyone in this business honors the bin prices or agreements...

•••
happens. not everyone in this business honors the bin prices or agreements...

I guess I am wrong here, but I didn't think Godaddy sent an email asking if you wanted to honor your BIN price. Since the name was registered at Godaddy, I did think it was a done deal.

•••
Maybe it was a fake listing.
But I think I remember that when someone else reported buying from a fake listing, GoDaddy mentioned it, saying something like "The seller does not own the domain, so we will not be able to complete the transaction."
It seems fake listings usually come from people listing stuff on Afternic (leaving old listings up, I guess), and then those get listed on GoDaddy Auctions automatically.

Last edited:
•••
Jeez that does suck. I had one happen before but it was for a domain with a different registrar listed through GD Auctions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back