NameSilo

Properties.com is now $125MM

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News, started by invincible55, May 11, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. invincible55

invincible55 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Just read a tweet from Rick Schwartz:

They laughed at me when I said #Domains were worth $15,000 back in 1996.
    They laughed harder at $100,000
    They belly laughed at $1MM They laughed til they peed at $10MM
    They laugh until WE do it.
    Properties. com is now $125MM
    Please keep laughing!!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM VIP

3. jhm

jhm Glazed

Where did this number come from?

4. lambo.com

lambo.com 445.com VIP

5. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Top Contributor VIP

He also said he sold property and that "the price eclipse the Voice. com sale PLUS equity & more" so sounds like a monster deal.

Whilst 'properties' is a great domain and a potential multi-million dollar domain, it's not 'property', so what ever deal he's agreed for 'property' property is the star on top of the Christmas tree and the stronger domain of the 2, so i do have my doubts he can get $125m for properties, but you never know, only he knows what negotiations have been like on that domain, but one thing is for sure you can never underestimate guy.

6. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

properties has this double meaning..the characteristics of something..

I prefer homes...
    realestate...

but he can ask.what he wants for his names...we all do

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  7. The Durfer

The Durfer Wesley Sweatman VIP Gold Account

i actually like the plural in this one, what real estate company runs off of one property? They need properties to make a business. Kudos to this one. :)

8. jhm

jhm Glazed

For the record, does he broker these deals, or does he own them?

9. AEProgram

AEProgram Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

Owns

10. jhm

jhm Glazed

Great domain, props to him. Absolutely an 8 figure domain, I raise my eyebrow at 9

11. AEProgram

People are buying NFT art for millions of dollars and are investing millions in random startups with nothing to offer.

The only reason we are not seeing a million dollar domain sale every hour is because not enough people that own premium names have adjusted their prices.

12. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Top Contributor VIP

I disagree have you tried to buy a single word .com lately? Let me tell you if you do, most enquiries you send don't reply and when they do they want 7 figures (sometimes 8), the 'top domian section' on NamePros is also reduced in quality compared to 2 years ago, people know what these domains are worth now.

I've just bought a single word .com for 6 figures and felt i was lucky to get it for that.

13. AEProgram

Single words (real words) deserve 7-8 figures and those are mostly owned by people that know to price them like that. I am referring to strong two word keyword names. I am happy to see the prices moving up for those but they are really still being stolen in many cases from uneducated sellers. Obviously not all sellers can wait, and I don't talk about them.

14. Alop

Alop Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

I’ll value my own domain 400 million too

15. Alessandro Couteau

Alessandro Couteau Top Contributor VIP

At the end of the day, the domain is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it

16. AEProgram

Everything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Every good domains has a buyer, they just have not been pitched yet or they didn't think of the idea yet that will make them go to the name.

17. Alessandro Couteau

I agree, however my point was more so, we don’t fully realize the price point of premium domains until they sell ... many names are still for sale either because they are overpriced or the owner does not want to sell,

compare our market to stocks or wine, we have a general idea of pricing ^ we can measure the market, domains lack this ... unless of course we are discussing the liquid market “LL” “NN” “NNN” “LLL” ... even then we get rare examples like 360.com or repeating numbers

18. AEProgram

Show me another industry that has such a passive sales process. If this industry had some serious outbound sales people that pitched premium names we would have a million dollar sale every day.

19. Alessandro Couteau

Southwest Airlines made me an offer of $100K on the name SW.com ... in less then a year the name sold under $800K in China - it’s back up for sale

Nvidia, Google, Microsoft, Apple, Facebook all passed on the chance to own Ai.com - did not even ask the price ^

I got an offer of $3,000,000 in cash for VR.com from HTC ... the owners passed ^ the name is still for sale

I represented Blue.com, the Blue Man Group passed on it

I represented 77.com, 777.com and 77Bank in Japan passed on the name

I represented HH.com, Hermes, Hilton Hotels, Hyatt all passed ^

I worked on 123.com - 123-reg.co.uk had interest but we could not come to a resolve

I represented WW.com - presented to weight watchers (no contract) “I was a rookie then” Weight Watchers waited a couple years and bought the name

All in all, I have seen and worked on 25+ LL.com and NN.com domains ... I have spoken to all the top dogs and for a hot minute even had an EBA with Afternic, “contracting” ...

I have sold a few names in all extensions, both .com and GTLDs, I even sold https://mortgage.loans for $400K on a payment plan, however the buyer had financial problems, could not keep up w/ payments and the name was returned back to our ownership, but we made money, hence the six figure appraisal today

Let me tell you this, even if you have a truly million dollar name, it’s not easy to sell, don’t have any delusions about this industry, I once upon a time did

Now I realize patience is key and time is your best friend

20. Keith

Keith Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

You can always negotiate down but never up.

Also, 2 LL are far overrated as they don’t say much. 3L, one word and 2 word are just better and more valuable imo. It’s certainly fair to ask $10 million or more for the right 2 word domain.

21. wwwulff

wwwulff Top Contributor VIP

I think 125 million is realistic ......... in the year 3050

22. Grego85

Grego85 Fire.Horse

Schrödinger's Domain

The domain is ultra valuable and yet completely worthless at the same time. Because he will likely never sell it due to the price being too high.

23. xcloud123

xcloud123 Established Member

24. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

Solid advice....imho if anyone has a truly valuable domain they should HODL for dear life as the competition for good names at the wholesale level has increased to crazy levels in recent months. Renew for 5-10 years and wait for the right offer.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  25. FMy

FMy NameRobin.com

Properties.com is a great name, but it really doesn't matter how cool the name is, until someone is willing to pay for it.
    Of course you'll have to wait for a crazy number of years before you can land a crazy $$$$$$$$$ deal.

What's next? Will we see a Billion $ .com sale in our life time? - I think it's likely.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice