IT.COM

advice Buying a domain with the “perfect” entity to sell it to in mind is probably a big mistake

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
It’s a common mistake, especially when you’re just getting started in the domain world, and it goes something like this. You spot a name that is expiring and think, “I bet [blank] company would buy this name in a heartbeat.” So you buy the domain, and maybe even spend a little more than you usually would because you are so sure that the company you have in mind is going to buy it the moment you reach out.
So you reach out, spend a bunch of time trying to get in contact with the right person and then find out they aren’t interested, at all, period. Now you’re sitting on a domain name that likely isn’t of much interest to anyone else but you, except you weren’t even interested in it to begin with...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for post. I believe this is a common mistake that needs to be addressed.

•••
.. I hate it when I click
"read more"

just to find
There really is no additional information

•••
I am of opinion that the correct approach here is setting a minimum criteria for number of companies that could use it, i often use 5 as absolute minimum. If i think there are at least 5 companies out there that can use the domain, it'll pass the test.

•••
Back