Dynadot

Problems registering a domain.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I tried to register a name through Godaddy.com and it would not let me, but namecheap said it was available. So I was able to successfully buy it from them instead. Any ideas why this happened?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now that NameCheap has registered it, what was the name?
Sometimes the whois registry is down and one registrar or another will report that a name is available when it isn't, or that a name isn't available when it really is.
Or, some registrars allow certain types of registrations while others don't.
Most recently, I couldn't register a 3 # .cc at one registrar, so I had to go elsewhere to do it.
-Allan :gl:

•••
the domain is toprealestate.org

•••
Looks like a first-time-registered... no idea why the confusion unless publicregistry's connection was down for a bit.
-Allan

•••
i was suprised that the name was available considering all the other extentions, like .info .biz etc. are taken

•••
asteroidblues said:
i was suprised that the name was available considering all the other extentions, like .info .biz etc. are taken

Same thing happened to my domain:

www.sellstocks.org :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
IAmAllanShore said:
That points to "rock.com" ; is that you???

Was that a joke or something?
I don't understand.

Anyways, the problem probably was that someone added the domain at GD to their cart and it shows it's not available. :)

•••
iggy, he is saying it redirects to Rock.com (id does for me too)

•••
iggy said:
Was that a joke or something?
I don't understand.

Anyways, the problem probably was that someone added the domain at GD to their cart and it shows it's not available. :)

Apparently I was confused as to a joke/tongue in cheek, or else some other miscommunication.

If stocks.org is your site, it redirects to rock.com , so I was wondering if you were related somehow...

If you were speaking in reference to stocks.org having shown as available, but actually not having been, then I get it now :)

If not, clarification would be great B-)

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Apparently I was confused as to a joke/tongue in cheek, or else some other miscommunication.

If stocks.org is your site, it redirects to rock.com , so I was wondering if you were related somehow...

If you were speaking in reference to stocks.org having shown as available, but actually not having been, then I get it now :)

If not, clarification would be great B-)

WOW..big mistake with me. I had no clue what that guy was talking about when he said something about rock.com lol.

Sorry..I put in the wrong domain up there in my post, the correct domain is www.sellstocks.org

:hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back