Dynadot

new gTLD Pro.Flowers Sells For $50,000

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
"On today’s DomainSherpa.com show, Frank Schilling the CEO of Uniregistry announced that the registry sold the new gTLD domain name Pro.Flowers to FTD for $50,000.

The domain name transferred from Uniregistry to FTD on April 10th.

The domain appears to be on the Uniregistry reserved list as the domain was not “registered” by Uniregistry until the day before it transferred to FTD."

Source: TheDomains

The recent sale of Commercial.Property at $25,000 and this one now seems to be pushing the new gTLDs forward!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wouldn't say that, it's a TM sale, ProFlowers is a well known company, it's who I use. From the article:

"The domain appears to be on the Uniregistry reserved list as the domain was not “registered” by Uniregistry until the day before it transferred to FTD."

then someone pointed out in the comments

"It’s a trademark but you can’t lose it in a UDRP if it’s not registered."

•••
I wouldn't say that, it's a TM sale, ProFlowers is a well known company, it's who I use. From the article:

"The domain appears to be on the Uniregistry reserved list as the domain was not “registered” by Uniregistry until the day before it transferred to FTD."

then someone pointed out in the comments

"It’s a trademark but you can’t lose it in a UDRP if it’s not registered."

The question would be why did FTD buy this domain for 50 grand if pro flowers is a TM? I did a TM search and there is a TM therefore no need to purchase the new gTLD IMO.

Keep your 50 grand and stay with proflowers .com.

The only explanation I see is that they really wanted this gTLD and paid big bucks to get it released to them. If not it would have never been available or taken by whomever reged it if it was available and hit with a UDRP.

Last edited:
•••
The only explanation I see is that they really wanted this gTLD and paid big bucks to get it released to them. If not it would have never been available or taken by whomever reged it if it was available and hit with a UDRP.

Totally agree.
I tried registering but didn't allow as it was reserved premium domain kind of stuff

•••
•••
The question would be why did FTD buy this domain for 50 grand if pro flowers is a TM? I did a TM search and there is a TM therefore no need to purchase the new gTLD IMO.

Keep your 50 grand and stay with proflowers .com.

FTD owns ProFlowers, they're just buying their own name up:

"In 2014, flower delivery service Florists' Transworld Delivery (FTD) agreed to buy ProFlowers and its sister gifting brands for $430 million, creating a combined company with over $1 billion in revenue."

•••
it's a defensive registration most likely. I doubt they intend to use it as their main url anytime soon. It's normal that they are trying to secure their trademarks in other extensions. Probably one of the reasons why .mobi still has so many registrations

•••
Hello,

I like these kind of sales as it encourages me a little. ;)

•••
I think, that it is the incorrect info ($50K for Pro.Flowers???) from Frank, trying to spin a new Tld

•••
this year and the next year will be interesting.. in the past week the new gtlds have added just 1000/day. That despite most of the renewals have yet to happen.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back