Private registration

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Jonnyjonny_uk

Established Member
Impact
0
Hi im new to the domain name game, wow it rhymes!!!

Can you tell me if its really worth registering a domain as private or not. What are the implications.

Sorry if its a silly question but we all start somewhere!!

Cheers

Jonny
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Do you like telemarketers? Junk Mail? Your address and phone number easily accessable to anyone in the world including rich sons of kings in Nigeria?

It is kind of a tricky thing. I am "unlisted" everything. Phone, address aren't in the books. My personal information is not floating around on random websites, I don't get spam emails to my personal account, just my gmail one.....I like that I feel relatively safe on the internet. Others don't see it as a big deal.
 
0
•••
Yep fair shout, cheers:)
 
0
•••
i don't own a lot of domains, but i've never personally gotten calls or anything. email spam is a given, but gmail takes care of it pretty well, so i'm not worried, particularly.
 
0
•••
When I got some junkmail actually delivered to my home once that listed domain I owned it scared me a bit, and now all my domains are private. Thankfully all it required doing was transferring them over to my hosting company, dreamhost, that has a free privacy service for domains.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back