Domain Empire

Private Auctions Now Public Auctions on Dyandot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Private Auctions Now Public Auctions
As of 10/7/18, we will be changing our Backorder Private Auctions to Public Auctions. What this means is that if there are at least two (2) backorder requests for a domain, and our system successfully catches it, the domain will now go into a Public Auction at Dynadot instead of a Private Auction between the users who backordered.

Participation Requirements
To participate in Backorder Auctions, or to place a backorder request for a pending delete domain, you must have $5 in account balance or have successfully completed an order of $5+ in the last 365 days.

New Bid Increments
We will be introducing bid increments for Backorder Auctions starting 10/7/18 as well. Here is a breakdown of how the bid increments will work:

Current Price Bid Increment
$0.01 - $49.99 $1
$50.00 - $99.99 $3
$100.00 - $499.99 $5
$500.00 - $999.99 $10
$1,000.00 - $2,499.99 $25
$2,500.00 - $4,999.99 $50
$5,000.00 - $9,999.99 $100
$10,000.00 - $24,999.99 $200
$25,000.00 - $49,999.99 $500
$50,000.00+ $1,000

Personal i think i will not use anymore Dynadot backorder system . Special of change private auction to public ( was the only on market ). For me was a guarantee that no other person that not make a backorder request for a domian will not bid

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is unfortunate that Dynadot did not check the history. Pheenix did the same someday, subsequently increasing backordering price. At some point of time (before these unfortunate changes), pheenix had its own niche (not 100% top domains) and loyal customers, occasionally catching _top_ things (petsitters dot com or something similar). Where is pheenix now? It appears that DynaDot dropcathing is going pheenix way.

Last edited:
•••
A least a phenix can rise from the ashes :xf.smile:

But I don't think DD catches a lot of valuable names anyway.​

•••
They become more greedy, greedy and greedy.:xf.frown: They just take away their competitive advantage one by one for revenue.

They had shorten their renewal grace period in last year and added a late renewal fee in it.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dynadot-changes-domain-expiration-policy-today.1006742/

And now they are changing Private Auctions into Public Auctions:dead: I don't use their backorder service at all but I also feel bad about the change.

•••
I dont know why they are doing that, it's not a good option.
But it will not change anything as they catch near to nothing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back