IT.COM

advice Pricing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
I am currently using the 3 major platforms, Sedo, Afternic and Dan.

Currently, all of my domains (apart from my most premium) point to the DAN landers and are all Make Offer. At Sedo and Afternic, they are all BIN only.

What do you think of this current setup?

Am I missing a trick directing all potential buyers to the DAN make offer pages? Should I switch Nameservers, pricing around?

I have contemplated changing Nameservers to Afternic NS3/4 to see if that makes a difference? At the moment, only my premium names point to Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In my opinion a major benefit to Dan landers is the lease to own option. I would definitely have the bin on dan for that reason. I find it to be a great deal closer. If you don't want to offer lease to own then I would just point to afternic. I find that they have a really solid sales team.

•••
Currently, all of my domains (apart from my most premium) point to the DAN landers and are all Make Offer. At Sedo and Afternic, they are all BIN only.
Doing BIN on multiple platforms may help with sales. However, there is a risk of having to pay extra fees if you have the domain sell on two marketplaces at the same time.

There was a comment previously by a NP member about having to pay a 15% fee at one of the marketplaces where it had sold, but didn't have the sale go through due to being also sold elsewhere.

You may want to read carefully the marketplace customer agreements before continuing to do this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back