NameSilo

Pricing domains based on the end user

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by iTerminal, Sep 16, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. iTerminal

iTerminal Established Member

Hi,

What are some metrics you use to price domains based on the specific end user?

E.g. If an end user mentions that they are a "3 person start up", you might reason that each person should be able to contribute at least $1000, and insist on a price of at least $3000.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Addison

Addison Top Contributor VIP

That's a good rule of thumb if those three people are all cofounders. If two of the three are employees with no stock then $1,000 might be the better quote.

Usually, I base it off of the order of magnitude that I believe (or know, if their funding is public on CrunchBase.com) they have in the bank. 1-3% of free cash flow is more than fair and when they have tens of millions in the bank from their last funding round, that can be a substantial number.

3. iTerminal

Thanks for the reply!

4. Alessandro Couteau

Alessandro Couteau Top Contributor VIP

It gets tougher when you propose a seven figure name to a billion dollar company ...

5. stub

stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I always price my domains astronomically to buyers who have filed a UDRP against me, and they lost. I never want to sell them the domain. I'm reminded of this because it is happening to me, again, as I type this message.

6. iTerminal

Is NamePros dying? I thought this was an important topic which deserved more discussion from experienced sellers.

7. iTerminal

Use Reverse Whois to find out where the buyer lives. Then use Google StreetView to see if the person lives in a nice home :) Wait, does StreetView still exist?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice