Dynadot

advice Premium registry domains - will they ever change?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Charlie J

hq.domainsEstablished Member
Impact
Hi all,

Avid domain lover and collector here, though certainly aren't heavily experienced. With the premium domains (set by registry), will these ever change in price or is it possible to be able to get a lowered price?

I'm interested in a XXXX with a decent tld, but the price is absurd, decent $$$$ for the first year, then normal renewal.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi all,

Avid domain lover and collector here, though certainly aren't heavily experienced. With the premium domains (set by registry), will these ever change in price or is it possible to be able to get a lowered price?

I'm interested in a XXXX with a decent tld, but the price is absurd, decent $$$$ for the first year, then normal renewal.

Thanks

Good afternoon,

The thing to remember is that to you it is a new registration and in most cases the initial registration fee is heavily discounted so that it tempts you in to purchase. You may think well, that's not too bad. Now, imagine a year down the line and you attractive registration is not now so attractive to your potential end user who may have many multiple high renewal prices for their other domains and you may find it hard to off load your domain.

I'm not saying it will be impossible, but many people are even more conscious of annual renewals in today's climate and they may not be prepared to pay the increased fee, above and beyond the cost of renewing a dot com.

Maybe, there is a reason for this, I don't know but it is worth considering before pulling the trigger.

Best of luck anyway.

Redd

•••
Hi

if.... nobody buys them, then eventually price will go down

imo...

•••
It could be premium for first year because it is actually for sale in aftermarket by owner, and registrar is working with a sales platform to help sell it.
It could also just be a first year premium by registry depending on extension. If that is the case it will not be changing anytime soon, I'm sure.

Last edited:
•••
Good afternoon,

The thing to remember is that to you it is a new registration and in most cases the initial registration fee is heavily discounted so that it tempts you in to purchase. You may think well, that's not too bad. Now, imagine a year down the line and you attractive registration is not now so attractive to your potential end user who may have many multiple high renewal prices for their other domains and you may find it hard to off load your domain.

I'm not saying it will be impossible, but many people are even more conscious of annual renewals in today's climate and they may not be prepared to pay the increased fee, above and beyond the cost of renewing a dot com.

Maybe, there is a reason for this, I don't know but it is worth considering before pulling the trigger.

Best of luck anyway.

Redd
Hey, I was meaning the domain had a premium initial fee, not renewal, but weirdly didn't seem to be owned by anyone. Just wanted to see if somehow I can get the price down from the registry etc.

Hi

if.... nobody buys them, then eventually price will go down

imo...
Even with registry quoted ones?

It could be premium for first year because it is actually for sale in aftermarket by owner, and registrar is working with a sales platform to help sell it.
It could also just be a first year premium by registry depending on extension. If that is the case it will not be changing anytime soon, I'm sure.
Damn it :( thank you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back