NameSilo

.tv Premium Names Available at 1pm PT May 1st

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Everyone,

We are about to issue a media alert with the time and location of available premium names. The full text is below. Please let me know via PM if you have any questions, though I will check this thread throughout the day.

Best, Quinn

MEDIA ALERT

Demand Media and eNom to Release Premium .TV Domain Names

Nearly 53,000 Premium Names to be Brought Back to Market May 1

SANTA MONICA, CA AND BELLEVUE, WA, April 30, 2007 — Demand Media, Inc., the next-generation web media company, and its wholly owned subsidiary and largest wholesale registrar, eNom ®, announced today that premium .TV domain names will be made available tomorrow, May1st, at 1:00pm PT. Interested parties can go to www.domainsindemand.tv to register the nearly 53,000 names that have been off the market for close to five months.

In December of last year, Demand Media announced a strategic alliance with VeriSign, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRSN), to leverage Demand Media’s new media platform, industry relationships and web 2.0 expertise to increase .TV registrations. Demand Media is bringing the names to market in conjunction with the release of its proprietary tools to create video-centric websites with social networking with every .TV registration, free of charge.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
mindwrecker, very great idea.. goodluck with it

Wo0t, I cant wait. Im skipping school to buy a few premiums :)

•••
am i going to need an enom account to grab some of these?

•••
Dot tv tools will only work on .tv domains registered through enom and resellers. Dot tv domains registered at godaddy for example will not have access to .tv tools.

•••
All of the names being released tomorrow will cost at least $500?

•••
Can anyone confirm what time we can reg the Premiums from? Uk Time i mean, i get confused with AM / PM, US Time ? Uk time....etc

WHere can we reg them, enom.tv or .com??

Thanks in advance :loveyou:

•••
MinionDH,

If r= reg fee in URL of premium name, I have found several that are less than r=500

mckennaronnie,

From my recently posted interview with Quinn Daly from DemandMedia:

"All 53,000 Premium Names that have been off the market for close to five months will be available for registration beginning at 1pm Pacific time (4pm Eastern) on Tuesday May 1. Go to http://DomainsInDemand.tv to register Premium Names. Please note that Verisign is responsible for setting the prices of Premium dot tv domain names and not enom.tv or Demand Media."

I believe Eastern US is -500 GMT so 9pm London time?

•••
On the enom page it did say some premiums start at $100

•••
MINDWRECKER.TV said:
On the enom page it did say some premiums start at $100

Yeah there are a few premiums for $100.

•••
Exclusively.tv said:
MinionDH,

If r= reg fee in URL of premium name, I have found several that are less than r=500

I don't quite understand so let's use HotTub.tv as an example.. if I type http://www.HotTub.tv in the address bar it should say http://www.HotTub.tv/r=500 (or whatever the registration fee is?) because it's not doing that in my browser. I also did a whois check and it's not showing r= their either. Could you please elaborate?

thanks,
Minion

•••
MinionDH said:
I don't quite understand so let's use HotTub.tv as an example.. if I type http://www.HotTub.tv in the address bar it should say http://www.HotTub.tv/r=500 (or whatever the registration fee is?) because it's not doing that in my browser. I also did a whois check and it's not showing r= their either. Could you please elaborate?

thanks,
Minion

If you go to enom.tv and search for say News.Tv

http://enom.tv/tv_cc/premium.asp?domain=news&r=450000

this is how the URL would look-and the price is 450000

•••
Would hope they actually price them within reason this time. Do they think pulling them off the market and then offering them up again for the same price (with some myspace pixie dust) is gonna work? We'll see I guess, but I've been disappointed at some of the url listed prices if those stay. These .mobi and .tv sponsors are a little heady imo.

•••
In regards to the tools being rather simple and all too common to what is already out there then maybe there is some hope for someone like me who is brand new to the web.

At least everything will be in one place and easy to use. Its extremely challenging to partner with web developers because they either have no time because they are that good or you have to pay for their time when you have no clue what you are requiring. . . .

I have 70plus .tv waiting in the wings. If anyone knows of web developers that are into partnering and revenue sharing point them in my direction!

And just to confirm at 4pm est time in the afternoon we can register?

•••
BuzzGuyz said:
In regards to the tools being rather simple and all too common to what is already out there then maybe there is some hope for someone like me who is brand new to the web.

At least everything will be in one place and easy to use. Its extremely challenging to partner with web developers because they either have no time because they are that good or you have to pay for their time when you have no clue what you are requiring. . . .

I have 70plus .tv waiting in the wings. If anyone knows of web developers that are into partnering and revenue sharing point them in my direction!

And just to confirm at 4pm est time in the afternoon we can register?

This site might help you with understanding web sites and HTML/Flash,
not sure where your at but hope it helps.

http://www.tizag.com/beginnerT/

•••
That's about right! :]
I am really surprised that alot of the names that are even being released are not picked up already.

There are some really searched for keywords with the domains that are going to be available for $500 as it appears.

Maybe the lack of tools or knowledge for development was the problem?

Regardless. . . . I might pick up one or two that will either be a directory based concept or a social networking niche.

So many ideas for development. Are most developers into their own property development hence the reason for the hefty price tags ?

Is there a site out their with common premium names besides the dictionary?

up your rep for the site. . . . thanks

•••
•••
just seen that "premium" names ending with 'er' are $900 reg fee, at least all those I have searched for.

•••
•••
•••
Wahoo! Today is the big day!

•••
Still not seeing where you all are seeing actual premium prices.

I go to enom.tv and search... it just brings up the old form for you to send in to request info on premium information.

•••
ownthisdomainnow said:

I go to enom.tv and search... it just brings up the old form for you to send in to request info on premium information.
In the address bar, it will show "&r=xxxxx". xxxxx is the ransom. :]

•••
ownthisdomainnow said:

scroll a bit up, some one has told some one like 3 times on this topic lol.. Its in the url address bar r=price :) when you type your domain in and it takes you to the form.. Just look at the bar :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
k1dprodigy said:
scroll a bit up, some one has told some one like 3 times on this topic lol.. Its in the url address bar r=price :) when you type your domain in and it takes you to the form.. Just look at the bar :)

I did just that.
it says it is a premium domain available in spring 2007. but no price in the adress bar.
I am just replcaing the text with my name. Thats how you search, right?

seeker said:
I did just that.
it says it is a premium domain available in spring 2007. but no price in the adress bar.
I am just replcaing the text with my name. Thats how you search, right? -
never mind, I figured it out. you have to type in the word at the little search box.
These prices are what they will go for later on today???

•••
They say they will email you to let you know when they will be available ....I subscribed to some but haven't received any email as of yet. I assume they will email you at 1pm pst....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back