Dynadot

question Premium .COMS?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

morf13

Top Member
Impact
I just found an available .com, when I went to reg it, it showed it was a premium $3995

I have never encountered a premium .com before,then again,I have never tried to reg an excellent short one word .com domain

Has this already been a practice with .coms or is it new?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it's been going on for a while now

•••
it's been going on for a while now

Seems like it will kill the small amateur domainers like many of us, that can not afford to reg domains for $3500 or more a yr

•••
Seems like it will kill the small amateur domainers like many of us, that can not afford to reg domains for $3500 or more a yr

You don't pay $3500 per year...

•••
$3.5k a year? .. are you sure you're talking about coms and not any of the ngtlds?

•••

for .com, you pay regular renewal fee.

the $3,500 is the cost of the domain name

for .whatevers, who knows what the renewal fee is

•••
There are no registry premium .com's and very few registry reserved .com's

The website you have tried to register this .com decided to call this a premium so it's proberly being sold by a domainer using some of the networks available Afternic, SedoMLS

It's not available to register as it already is registered, the $3995 is just selling price, about 80% of this goes to seller and the 20% is distributed among the various advertisers and marketplaces which promoted the domain to you.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry,renewals are normal rates, but original names are expensive, look up

•••
Check the whois of the name. you will find out..

•••
The name most likely isn't available but registered. It's been listed for sale by the owner. The registrar being part of the MLS displays the name as premium for that reason.

•••
there are no premium .com domains by the registry. They are sold by domainers via distribution networks which are displayed as premium by the registrar.

This has been going on for years I believe.

•••

these are sold by amateurs like you and me. You can do the same thing with your domains. It's not the registry.

•••
Okay, when I normally reg a domain that is already regged, I get a message saying that it isn't available,this is the first one that showed 'premium' the domain by the way was ULTRA PORTABLES .com for $3995 on Godaddy,Namecheap,etc

•••
I just found an available .com, when I went to reg it, it showed it was a premium $3995

I have never encountered a premium .com before,then again,I have never tried to reg an excellent short one word .com domain.

the domain by the way was ULTRA PORTABLES .com for $3995
So you consider a 2 word domain to be an excellent short 'one word' domain? ....oookaay.

•••
So you consider a 2 word domain to be an excellent short 'one word' domain? ....oookaay.

Was using a short or one word as an example,obviously this isn't short or one word.

•••
The name was registered back in 1999 and its for sale as premium registration.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back