IT.COM

advice Potential 3L.com...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GarethUK

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys,
If I said that I'd found a 3L.com that's available, what would your advice be?

Gar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably a technical glitch.

Try to buy it and you will find out...

•••
Let me know the domain and I can check for you… :xf.wink:

•••
Is it a true 3L or is it an IDN? There was an eBay auction recently for cye.com, but the c, y and e were all "cyrillic" characters.

•••
LL.com, LLL.com, and LLLL.com names are never available for hand reg. Shortest you can hand reg is LLLLL.com.

•••
Hey guys,
If I said that I'd found a 3L.com that's available, what would your advice be?

Gar.

Hey Gar,

first thing you want to understand
It's important to grab an opportunity
naar de klöten
and don't waste time
in asking your competitors...

But most likely it has never been one.

sorry
Frank

•••
It won't be available..Once you "register" it, you usually get an email a day or 2 later from the registrar saying the name is not available.

Have you checked the WHOIS? That will often answer your question.

In GoDaddy etc it might be removed from your cart when you are trying to pay for it. It happens to me on a weekly basis.

•••
In GoDaddy etc it might be removed from your cart when you are trying to pay for it. It happens to me on a weekly basis.
Happened to me once when I successfully registered a premium one word domain ,and had a high estibot value , then received an email a day later ,saying that I have been refunded and there was an issue with the domain name as it was not available ,that is when I started suspecting that registrars do keep quality domain names for themselves ....

•••
Hmmmm.....I'm in work and was testing some domain availabilities.
When I started deleting the name and got to three letters, it turned green and said the .com was available!
That was an hour ago.
Just did it again and it's gone!.....(n)

A glitch then?.....

•••
I'm not too worried about moderators getting involved....I'm a construction site manager, I've got thick skin! (y)

•••
Instant Domain Search has these glitches every once in awhile when they show domains as available when they aren't. If you follow the link and try to buy the domain- you won't be able to. Available 3L .com are like unicorns. They don't exist.

Last edited:
•••
It won't be available..Once you "register" it, you usually get an email a day or 2 later from the registrar saying the name is not available.

Have you checked the WHOIS? That will often answer your question.

•••
Hmmmm.....I'm in work and was testing some domain availabilities.
When I started deleting the name and got to three letters, it turned green and said the .com was available!
That was an hour ago.
Just did it again and it's gone!.....(n)

A glitch then?.....

Yep, no LLL.com will be available without being snapped by some drop-catching software.

•••
I was basically deleting the word "voucher" and got to "vou" and it turned green.
Vou.com
Expires On
2017-08-13
Registered On
1996-08-14
Updated On
2017-04-13

Must be a glitch

•••
•••
.....I know what I saw!.....unless I can't distinguish the colour green and don't understand the words available and buy!!

•••
I was messing with names on Domain Name Search....not GD.
Anyway....all good stuff and everyday is a school day!
Thanks guys. (y)

•••
Is it a true 3L or is it an IDN? There was an eBay auction recently for cye.com, but the c, y and e were all "cyrillic" characters.
Good point

•••
Too good to be true? ......... that's because it is not true, glitches and scams ..... always be wary!

•••
register it as soon as possible,

•••
I was basically deleting the word "voucher" and got to "vou" and it turned green.

•••
@GarethUK - if you were on GoDaddy and you were deleting characters, the most likely explanation is that some invalid result got stuck as the "Available" you saw.

GD does some caching of results, and that results in glitches. I use it on purpose with their bulk tool if results are slow elsewhere, then I can recheck the supposedly "Available" pared down list and see if the results are true.

OT - anyone who does not care for a post made here is welcome to use the "Report" button - mods don't know unless you let them know : smile :

•••
•••
Thanks guys. I didn't know about these glitches so thanks for the heads up, advice and support guys. (y)

•••
On Bulkbuy on GoDaddy I've had as many as 200 domains say they are available when in reality they are not!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back