Dynadot

Domainmonster.com reviews?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Maybe I didn't search good enough, but I don't see any domainmonster.com reviews. Their prices seem about as good as it gets (aside from sale prices here and there (like right now GoDaddy has better transfer prices but only for the first year) but for ongoing prices, I can't find anything better right now).

But what about their service? Do they have bulk edit tools? Free whois privacy, right? Anyone have any experience with them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Confused :)!! why don't you want to send your ID do you have something to hide or work for a spy agency?
PG, you can instruct them to destroy copies of your ID after verification if you are worried about your data, instead of wasting time posting on forums with high ranking you could have scanned your ID and sent it to them, if after they fail to unlock your account right away I be the first to dig into them. Trust me you will just look silly posting on forums at this stage the request is not unreasonable I get this all the time even sometimes when shopping online I get requests from online shops to send ID to complete orders After I have paid. Anyway Take care PG . My opinion only Good luck

I wasn't looking for an insight into your security, Sam, only some transparency as to your handling of my purchase and my payment.

Thank you for your response. The conclusion is that you keep the domain and the money (or you'd state otherwise), which was my original assumption. I shall not be surprised when you automatically bill my card in a year via my locked-out account.

These findings will now gradually be reposted across every forum with a decent search rank in relation to terms representing your registrar to indicate your modus operandi.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

defaultuser: I realise that GoDaddy and others may challenge for this information when using PayPal, but in the event of their request being denied they de-register and refund which is an acceptable business practice.

Forum admin: (NB) your regular expression check for links picks up on "[at]anything" in the body of posts (presumably thinking it's an email), it matches too widely.

•••
Free Whois Privacy

DomainMonster offers Free Whois Privacy!

•••
This post will be seen as spam. If you need to create back links you need to make relevant contributions to the forum.

DomainMonster offers Free Whois Privacy!

•••
I can't believe you didn't grasp the gist of my reference to LinkedIn, defaultuser - but thank you for explaining it to any readers.

You might want to look up the definitions of sarcasm and fraud. I have explained my situation already.

1. Payment made for domain, transaction went through fine.
  2. Registrar provided access to domain via standard control panel.
  3. After 48h, domain access revoked and demand for paperwork was received and account locked.

There is no way that my passport or driver's licence can assist them. I do not send Amazon these details when I purchase items from them.

The reason for the use of future tense is that they may de-register and/or refund. I do not expect the latter, but the former would be acceptable.

My posts here serve as a warning to others that this registrar may charge them, but not provide the anticipated service and effectively take their purchased domain away from the owner.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Re. hate - I think you read too much into it. I have a valid axe to grind.

In the case of Domainmonster's actual services, the only issue I noticed that was problematic when using their nameservers was the lack of wildcard DNS. Their interface is functionally sound.

I to experienced the same tactics from domainmonster. Transferred several domains, one day, account locked and domains disabled the next with a request for sensitive personal information. I continue to ask them to unlock my domains and provide me with the security codes so that I can transfer my domains away from these clowns. However, all I get in return are requests to proide them with my sensitive personal information.

Is the an agency where this company can be reported???

I will surly post my experience with them to other sites so that others can avoid these scam artists.

•••
DomainMonster.com review please?

I see it has been reviewed before. But does anyone have any more recent things to add about the company? I am very strongly considering moving all my domains to them. Their prices are the best and I can move for free and they are in the SedoMLS. The only thing I don't like about what I see is their too busy/noisy on the eyes site.

•••
If you move DNS a lot you have to make a request as they don't have the best interface.

I think they are very responsive to questions - I've emailed, called. Very polite.

Best for .TV.

They are UK based which may matter if jurisdiction is a concern.

•••
I don't think I've ever had to move DNS at the domain registrar. Refresh my memory why I would do that? Please.

•••
I don't think I've ever had to move DNS at the domain registrar. Refresh my memory why I would do that? Please.
:talk:

DU is saying, if you change name server setting for domains frequently, from one host to another.

like if you park names, then one would want the ability to change nameservers, at will, for any/every domain at that registrar.

with domainmonster, i think he is saying their interface is not designed for such and you would have to submit a request to that registrar to have any changes made.

if, i am presuming correctly.

i don't use them so can't give a review, but you want a registrar where you can login, do whatever you need to do, log out and be about your biz again. not one you gotta send emails to and wait for replies and what not.

imo...

•••
This link from domainmonster says we have full control over the DNS via the control panel. Oh my. How long is the link ban?

•••
This link from domainmonster says we have full control over the DNS via the control panel. Oh my. How long is the link ban?

Their interface is fine for simple updates, one at a time. You do have full control. It's poor if you want to do mass updates such as:

Change ALL my domains to point to the following NS (say you change hosting provide, park somewhere else)

BUT They will do it for you if you request it via mail.

If you're stable - I think they're fine. Support has been A+ for me. It supports free accounts so you can push to others when you need to. They let you approve transfers instantly rather than wait 5 days. Dynadot is also competitively priced - especially if you get to bulk/superbulk

•••
I know this thread is fairly old but I wanted to add my review of Domain Monster for a more recent review:

I moved approximately 20 domains to Domain Monster in October 2013. I read this thread before doing so. I was aware of the lack of bulk edit and I can tell you it's still very real, and very much a headache when you have to update multiple domains. I spent approximately an hour updating the necessary items for all 20 domains (DNS primarily since I was using GoDaddy name servers prior to the move). Sure, they will make the changes if you create a support ticket (so I'm told) but due to poor planning on my part I needed the changes to be made immediately so I spent the time doing it so I didn't need to wait for them. Trust me, it's useful to be able to bulk edit domains. I've done it numerous times. Typically, once I've updated the domains all is well and I don't interact with the company again so the cheap prices seemed reasonable and an hour of time seemed a good trade off.

Then there was a .us domain. For country domains you have to certify several pieces of information. For .us domains you have to certify you are a US Citizen or business and several other rather minor pieces of information. This is all just a setting in the control panel and is stored with the registrar. In Domain Monster's case though it wouldn't work. I spent about two hours going back and forth with them to get it fixed. They acknowledged it was a bug but that's two hours of my life I won't get back and no offer of credit for the inconvenience.

Strike three was realizing the wrong card was charged for one of the domains. One of my twenty domains is owned by another company so I needed to charge it to a different card. The transfer process here is a bit cumbersome (as are most things) so somewhere in the process the card number I entered for the single domain was lost and the original card I used for the other 19 domains was charged. I honestly don't know if I made a mistake through the process and after entering the card details still somehow managed to change it to the wrong credit card, or if after entering the correct details that card wasn't selected for the transaction and I assumed it was. Regardless of what happened, I contacted customer support to request that they refund the wrong card and bill the right card. They informed me they can't. It simply isn't possible. What?! How can it be so difficult to process a credit and rebill? I'll tell you how - they simply don't have the system in place to do so (similar to bulk editing). If they have any type of system in place for crediting customers in service related instances they should be able to handle this but my guess is they don't credit for customer service related issues (like the one I explained earlier). They said the only way to credit me would be to refund the original transaction which would delete the domain which I've paid for through 2017 with another registrar prior to moving it to Domain Monster.

I don't normally review companies because it's usually more time than it's worth. This company though struck a nerve.

In Domain Monster's defense they are a cheap provider. You get what you pay for. Want bulk edit or the ability to get a credit card error fixed? Pay a little more for a bigger registrar with the resources and service to do it.

I'll end this review on a positive note for Domain Monster - their responses to the whole mess have always been prompt and mostly professional (though a bit flippant with regards to the credit card issue).

•••
I m going to tell you ans

•••
Bad expericene - avoid like the plague

I signed up for the web builder trial to see what it was like and found no way of cancelling prior to the trial ending which led to a payment being taken. I asked for this to be refunded 5 minutes after it was processed and was refused by a JAMES in SUPPORT. I was going to host our new company with them and register 5 domains but after noting the "money-grabbing" scam like mentality I don't want to give them anymore. Not professional just our for revenue.

This is such a shame. Their website is dated and clumsy to navigate and its now obvious this is part of scam to make renwing etc complicated.

On top of that, I purchased a backorder and nothing was showing in my account so I am still talking to them to find out where it disappeared to once I bought it!! >:(

AVOID

•••
I too was burned by this clown. He uses different names in his email replies in order to give the illusion that this is a large company. I'm convinced that this is a one man band ripping people off out of his home. I registered 4 domain names. Unfortunately, after demanding that I give him lots of personal information including drivers license photo and refusing, he locked me out of my account, I chose to cancel the purchase with my credit card company and let him eat the cost of the domain registration and credit card charge back fee. Unfortunately, my 4 domain names were lost for a year.

I suggest that you report this registrar to ICANN. In addition, report this jerk on ripoffreport.com and other sites and forums to get the word out. Unfortunately, this guy has set up shop outside the US so many traditional US legal avenues won't work.

•••
an update to a very old thread, but hey, it is a review thread :0)
As some have mentioned, the email support is pretty good and the prices are okay.

My gripe, which I feel is important this day and age, is that I recently sold a domain that was registered with them. The buyer wanted it transferred to gadaddy, so in a matter of minutes he initiated transfer, I gave him the authcode, and we waited...

I gave it 3 days of no updates before I sent them an email. The response came quickly (within 4 hours). They said that it could take up to 5 days. Well they were right, right around 120th hour they finally approved it and now it can take another day or 2 for it to finalize with the gaining registrar

IMHO, this is way too long this day and age. I have had these things go as quickly 2-3 days.

So as this may be acceptable to the average domain owner, I would not recommend them to anyone who invests in domains and/or likes to move domains around for various reasons.

Total time to sell a domain registered at domainmonster.com, transfer it to another registrar, and using escrow.com to close the deal --> 10 days

Hope this helps.

•••
This is a fraud company the way it seems to me. I never signed anything up and last night there was fraud activity on my account, approximatly 130 small transactions taken of $100-$200 off my visa and they were all taken by DomainMonster. Please be careful to whom you give your Visa card number

•••
FYI looks like they're merging with 123 Reg, just got this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear ***,

Upcoming changes to Domainmonster.com

Within the next 48 hours, the Domainmonster.com website will be closing. Visitors will be redirected to 123-reg.co.uk. This is because Domainmonster.com is becoming a part of 123 Reg.

As an existing customer there is no need to be alarmed; all of your existing Domain Names will remain in your Domainmonster.com account - there will be no changes to any of your settings and everything will be exactly as you left it. You can also continue to purchase new domains through your Control Panel or click through the link on the 123 Reg landing page.

For all the existing and new products you purchase from Domainmonster.com, you will continue to be supported by the Domainmonster.com service teams. New purchases from 123 Reg will be supported by the 123 Reg service teams.

Domainmonster.com and 123 Reg are brands both belonging to the same group. This means that the same high-quality dedicated staff will be working on your account at 123 Reg, so you will still receive the superior level of performance and service you are used to from Domainmonster.com.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this change in the meantime, you can contact us by email - we're always happy to help.

Kind regards,
The Domainmonster Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's too bad, they were an ok registrar. Completely old school. Will have to see how 123 Reg fares...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back