IT.COM

Popular Domain Generator

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I'm still wondering if this is good place to post this question / ad , but anyway...

I'm working on a website tool that generates popular domain names. The idea is to give you database of various dictionaries containing popular names which can be used for generating domains in various extensions. This tool allows you quickly generate lists of generic valuable domains without spending too much time without figuring out names to register.

I even think about something more than that but for now let's just focus on this functionality.

You can see and try demo on my website. Because this is temporary address I give it in my signature. Some dictionaries are free so you can generate domains for free. Some are for registered users.
I'm going to provide more such interesting dictionaries than listed on the website.

I'm wondering what would be better: to sell the script to run on the server (or PC) or make it available online, with paid registration. Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It doesnt return anything ..

•••
Keep in mind there are already zillions of free domain name generators. Personally, I have my own based on msaccess, and I am sure many people have their own based on excel or similar.

This warning is not intended to discourage you, but to suggest you first concentrate on your business model. There is definitely a demand for generated domain names, and the key question is how to monetize such a site.

As you can expect technical aspects play only a marginal role on your subject and what matters are really marketing aspects.

An other point: NP may not be the best forum to discuss your project. NP are primarily professional domainers and they rarely buy domains at regfee. They rather buy high and sell higher. So, I doubt NP members have much interest in a domain generator. You might have better chances on statup forums.

•••

It does. Try for example dictionary "alphabet" or anyone that has non-zero value in brackets.
The ones with zero value are accessible for registered users only.

Keep in mind there are already zillions of free domain name generators. Personally, I have my own based on msaccess, and I am sure many people have their own based on excel or similar.

This warning is not intended to discourage you, but to suggest you first concentrate on your business model. There is definitely a demand for generated domain names, and the key question is how to monetize such a site.

As you can expect technical aspects play only a marginal role on your subject and what matters are really marketing aspects.

An other point: NP may not be the best forum to discuss your project. NP are primarily professional domainers and they rarely buy domains at regfee. They rather buy high and sell higher. So, I doubt NP members have much interest in a domain generator. You might have better chances on statup forums.

Well, maybe you are right. I appreciate it. But still hoping for interest of some domainers. Thank you.

•••

I think you will need this, it's not domain suggestion, it's keyword suggestion, anyway it also give you many useful keywords suggestion and you can use these for domain exact match keywords

Use this tool: https://yoast.com/suggest/

I hope this help.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back