IT.COM

Poor Customer Support :- Moniker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Charley

Striving To Be The BestVIP Member
Impact
I've been emailing the customer support for many days & even opened a support ticket through Moniker for a domain name that is with SnapNames and not showing up in my Moniker account. There is absolutely no response. :td:

Infact none of my Snapnames domains are in the Moniker Account.

That name is in the pending renewal stage.

Can someone suggest any solution so that I don't lose the domain name ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you tried calling them? I've heard that calling Moniker gets a much faster response than e-mail.

•••
•••
I wrote to Monte, he emailed it to a rep, hope they will resolve it. Will keep this thread updated.

•••
I wrote to Monte, he emailed it to a rep, hope they will resolve it. Will keep this thread updated.
Seems this is becoming a (the?) more necessary way to get responses there lately.

•••
I stopped using moniker for the poor customer support :td:

•••
I've been emailing the customer support for many days & even opened a support ticket through Moniker for a domain name that is with SnapNames and not showing up in my Moniker account. There is absolutely no response. :td:

Infact none of my Snapnames domains are in the Moniker Account.

That name is in the pending renewal stage.

Can someone suggest any solution so that I don't lose the domain name ?

Hey Charley - Hit me up directly for assistance! See sig for details!

THANKS

•••
I stopped using moniker for the poor customer support :td:

Me too, my sales rep - Don Lyons was zero help & at times took up months to reply to simple questions.

Sometimes it's nice to get good customer service & a simple reply.. Hey, I acknowledge you have questions or need help.. I will be with you shortly.

Not sure why everyone is so tolerable of Moniker's poor customer service. If it was Dynadot.com, Name.com or any other registrar we'd never hear the end of the poor service.

I quit recommending Moniker to friends & domainers. I transferred out all my domains & if you're looking for good custiomer service from a registrar - Stay away from Moniker IMHO.

•••
A good tip - ask to be assigned an account manager/rep, and contact them for support (as long as it's not trivial support queries etc)

That's what I do - the e-mail support people are very useless, although my account manager Don Lyons is very good :)

•••
Me too, my sales rep - Don Lyons was zero help & at times took up months to reply to simple questions.

Sometimes it's nice to get good customer service & a simple reply.. Hey, I acknowledge you have questions or need help.. I will be with you shortly.

Not sure why everyone is so tolerable of Moniker's poor customer service. If it was Dynadot.com, Name.com or any other registrar we'd never hear the end of the poor service.

I quit recommending Moniker to friends & domainers. I transferred out all my domains & if you're looking for good custiomer service from a registrar - Stay away from Moniker IMHO.

Expron

I’m SO sorry if you personally encountered (some) bad customer support however that is no reason to publicly bash Moniker. All registrars have their issues. I can’t speak for Don Lyons however I’m personally very active on the boards and am always willing to assist clients with their issues if need be.

If anyone is having support issues and not getting resolution, I ask that you contact me directly for assistance!

Have a great weekend!

•••

Same.. A few years ago I used to tell new members moniker was good but over the years because of the customer service I would never tell anyone to use them again...

I am sure there are some good apples in there but I never had the good fortune to find and deal with them..

•••
A good tip - ask to be assigned an account manager/rep, and contact them for support (as long as it's not trivial support queries etc)

That's what I do - the e-mail support people are very useless, although my account manager Don Lyons is very good :)

Thanks Tristanperry :)

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Same.. A few years ago I used to tell new members moniker was good but over the years because of the customer service I would never tell anyone to use them again...

I am sure there are some good apples in there but I never had the good fortune to find and deal with them..

That's because you have never dealt with me...YET! :hehe:

•••
Expron

I’m SO sorry if you personally encountered (some) bad customer support however that is no reason to publicly bash Moniker. !

I am sure you are very nice :) but the fact remains that customer support over the past few months/years has been bad.. well imo anyways.

Its good it has active people like yourself and maybe you can improve monikers name ???

Its not about public bashing but telling it like it is .. moniker support sucks.. Maybe that will change .. We will see :)

•••
I am sure you are very nice :) but the fact remains that customer support over the past few months/years has been bad.. well imo anyways.

Its good it has active people like yourself and maybe you can improve monikers name ???

Its not about public bashing but telling it like it is .. moniker support sucks.. Maybe that will change .. We will see :)

I can understand your concerns and once again I do apologize. We recently changed over to a new ticket system. I am confident this will improve support. I will do whatever I can to improve Moniker's name. We are a kick a$$ registrar!

•••
That's because you have never dealt with me...YET! :hehe:

jrzeygirl is right. I have contacted jrzeygirl earlier when there was delay in getting a response for my ticket at moniker and jrzeygirl was very quick and helpful. Thats the reason i suggested to contact jrzeygirl.

:)

•••
jrzeygirl is right. I have contacted jrzeygirl earlier when there was delay in getting a response for my ticket at moniker and jrzeygirl was very quick and helpful. Thats the reason i suggested to contact jrzeygirl.

:)

THANKS Mntor

•••
I can understand your concerns and once again I do apologize. We recently changed over to a new ticket system. I am confident this will improve support. I will do whatever I can to improve Moniker's name. We are a kick a$$ registrar!

I'm not sure how long you have been working for them ?? but you would be right to feel they are kick a$$ that is your job ;)

Had you been on the other side of the lack of support you may have a different view..

You sound positive and thats what they need but, I will sit back and wait and see before I use them again.

•••
I don't bother open tickets anymore - they get answered in 3+ weeks and their answer is irrelevant copy/paste

•••
Bari, I've forwarded to your email the email which was earlier sent to Monte. I hope to have it resolved soon.

Thanks

•••
I'm not sure how long you have been working for them ?? but you would be right to feel they are kick a$$ that is your job ;)

Had you been on the other side of the lack of support you may have a different view..

You sound positive and thats what they need but, I will sit back and wait and see before I use them again.

I've been with for Moniker for almost 3 years. I don't agree that I have the right to "feel that way" just because it's my job. I believe it! Moniker IS a kick a$$ registrar. Yes, we may have some issues but what registrar doesn’t?

All I can say is I'm here to help and that's the best I can do!

Once again I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced Mellowmasher. As I said, the new support/ticket system is in place - and this will definitely “fix” things. Should you (or anyone else) need immediate support please don’t hesitate to contact me directly!

•••
I've been with for Moniker for almost 3 years. I don't agree that I have the right to "feel that way" just because it's my job. I believe it! Moniker IS a kick a$$ registrar. Yes, we may have some issues but what registrar doesn’t?

All I can say is I'm here to help and that's the best I can do!

Once again I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced Mellowmasher. As I said, the new support/ticket system is in place - and this will definitely “fix” things. Should you (or anyone else) need immediate support please don’t hesitate to contact me directly!

As I said you sound nice and im sure you have monikers best intentions at heart :) I am sure you will be an asset to those that wish to use your offer of help.

But as for a kick a$$ registra, we all have our own opinions and mine is of bad support..

•••
What's being brushed under the rug here, is that jrzeygirl shouldn't have to be the one resolving everyone's problems. She has her own clients and job duties, and though helping out on some customers issues is a 'duty', it's Monikers duty to see that their customer service is top notch and brought back up the levels it 'was' known for! This is not the first thread on Monikers poor customer service of late, and in fact there's been a couple which Moniker reps and Monte have chimed in to placate things, and that is what they should do, as jrzeygirl is doing. But what's the point in papering over the issues with forum responses, and then doing nothing to repair the issues that their customers are bringing up, new thread after new thread?? The bottom line here is that 'this is an Oversees.net problem', as 'they' have let the customer service there deteriorate since they bought Moniker! Maybe they can't handle (aren't interested in) offering the same type of quality customer service that Moniker was known for.

And kudos to you jrzeygirl for stepping in to offer your help.

•••
What's being brushed under the rug here, is that jrzeygirl shouldn't have to be the one resolving everyone's problems.

I agree on both counts :)

•••
Bari, I've forwarded to your email the email which was earlier sent to Monte. I hope to have it resolved soon.

Thanks

Hey Charley - I received it and replied to it!

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

What's being brushed under the rug here, is that jrzeygirl shouldn't have to be the one resolving everyone's problems. She has her own clients and job duties, and though helping out on some customers issues is a 'duty', it's Monikers duty to see that their customer service is top notch and brought back up the levels it 'was' known for! This is not the first thread on Monikers poor customer service of late, and in fact there's been a couple which Moniker reps and Monte have chimed in to placate things, and that is what they should do, as jrzeygirl is doing. But what's the point in papering over the issues with forum responses, and then doing nothing to repair the issues that their customers are bringing up, new thread after new thread?? The bottom line here is that 'this is an Oversees.net problem', as 'they' have let the customer service there deteriorate since they bought Moniker! Maybe they can't handle (aren't interested in) offering the same type of quality customer service that Moniker was known for.

THANKS Hawkeye! :)

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

I agree on both counts :)

Thanks, I do what I can! ;)

•••
I submitted a support ticket on the 22nd of may, still not answered. Luckily for them their prices are cheap, only reason I stick with them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back