Dynadot

discuss (Poll) New gTLDs At Namescon 2019

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should There Be More New gTLDs In The NamesCon Auction?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    55.7%
  • No

votes
    44.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
So far, in the 2019 Namescon auction, there are a total of 335 domains currently in the auction list.

Of those, there are only 6 8 new gTLD domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afraid of what your .frogs Ngtlds will never become crap just over produced worthless baseball cards. I better adapt lol man get out of here. You probably dont even own one good domain name. Idiots that make no sales allways have a lot to say

I'm get inquiries every day on new tlds, so do many other investors. Many people are getting very rich but don't want to say it because of competition, that is why sales are NDA for new tlds.

Wondering why your .com sales inquiries are drying up? A shift has happened friend. Think .global, .xyz, .icu, .club. This is the future!

•••
No need to make it personal @imadoer

You have voted so you already know the results. Majority would like to see more new gTLDs on the NamesCon auction.

new gTLDs are here to stay, but do not expect mass number of sales for each extension.
It is not possible since these are generic tlds.

Only few keywords or sometimes hundreds of them goes perfect with the extension making great combos.

Those are the ones that will valuate a good sum of money in future.

@SuzanneChambers the dot com is here to stay as long as we have the world wide web.

The number of reg. might decrease due to introduction of new tlds + scarcity of .com names (most great keywords are already taken by existing companies or domain investors.

But the great dot com domains always valuate good sum of money. And will keep that value in the future too.

On the other hand your examples are true, but remember Alphabet's ( parent company of google) one of the most succesful business is google and it is still on dot com..

It really doesn't make sense to compare new gTLDs and dot coms cause you are only talking hypotically (without considering the other half of the domain name)

If you look at the aftermarket you can see that,

There are better new gTLDs than dot com domains

and There are better dot com domains than new gTLDs

it all depends!

All extensions can co-exist together you are not gaining anything by going into these type of hardcore discussions.

Last edited:
•••
On the other hand your examples are true, but remember Alphabet's ( parent company of google) one of the most succesful business is google and it is still on dot com..

No The company is called Google and they use hundreds of extensions such as Google.ca and Google.co.uk.

Only a matter of time before Google.com is replaced with Google.xyz or Google.global. I think eventually they will just use one domain name name and Google.global is perfect for that. They have already begun to give up on .com which is from 30 years ago and makes a company look old.

Don't beleive .com owner hype that this extension is going well, it is declining every year and the decline now speeds up.

•••
I don't have many new gtld domains, but I do get inquiries on a few. I do think they are worthy of Namescon.

•••
Many people are getting very rich but don't want to say it because of competition, that is why sales are NDA for new tlds.

Lol. Sure. NDA is the classic BS line for people who don't actually make sales.

I have sold 1000+ domains to end users and the number of NDA that have even been requested I can count on one hand.

Brad

•••
I'm get inquiries every day on new tlds, so do many other investors. Many people are getting very rich but don't want to say it because of competition, that is why sales are NDA for new tlds.

Wondering why your .com sales inquiries are drying up? A shift has happened friend. Think .global, .xyz, .icu, .club. This is the future!

All your sales are NDA Sure man whatever you need to say to sound cool 🤣 .Com sales are far from dry and I dont need to stand on a chair and yell about my sales or brag about them. But I'd probably crush your entire ngtld domaining career + future sales. just in this year with .com sales. Actually I'd probably crush it just in the month of december alone

Last edited:
•••
I have got about 20 new gTLDs, but 6 of them cost me more than 60 .com domains in renewals. I own them about 4 years now.

•••
Lol. Sure. NDA is the classic BS line for people who don't actually make sales.

I have sold 1000+ domains to end users and the number of NDA that have even been requested I can count on one hand.

Brad
Also over 1000 sales ,quite a few ngtld,and only one NDA.

•••
They might want to get a gtld of their own to get more type in traffic. eg webmaster dot events

•••
.co.uk
.co.za
are also sub-domains
No. They 2nd level domains part of the proper hierarchy of ccTLDs
eu.com is a domain
blah.eu.com is a subdomain under eu.com
blah.co.uk is a domain
other.blah.co.uk would be a subdomain

Do you know any nP user who sold a domain at these auctions?
An nP user - don't think so, but I did speak to the owner of a couple of domains listed (which they'd already had ready for flippa and namejet sales attempts) - they up'd their reserve/min price considerably to cover the fees, but planned to finance the entire NamesCon trip with the sale

And can anyone tell us if these domain auctions attract end-users or start-ups in any way?
Mostly brokers and domainers (which is the generic namescon attendee) - namejet in general is domains bought for resale, but there were some "I want to use that domain for something" bidders in the room

NDA is the classic BS line for people who don't actually make sales.
Without knowing the names/prices/buyers it'd be impossible to say if that low a %age was "normal", but I see about 1/3rd of sales involve an NDA - of particular concern to some business/brokers are release of exact pricing information, especially where they are looking to flip or rebrand. Of 5 sales so far this year, 3 have been done through 3rd parties and they're almost always under NDAs

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back