IT.COM

Poll: How much do you make off domain parking?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How much money do you earn from domain parking each month (USD)?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • $0 to $10

votes
    33.3%
  • $10 to $50

votes
    14.6%
  • $50 to $100

votes
    5.6%
  • $100 to $500

votes
    15.3%
  • $500 to $1000

votes
    6.9%
  • $1000+

votes
    24.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
I figured this may have been asked already, and I searched for a similar thread, but I didn't find anything - hopefully didn't overlook anything. So here it is.

On average, how much money do you get from domain parking each month?

Yeah, it's a sensitive issue - so remaining anonymous is just fine and encouraged. If you feel ok with posting in detail - I'd love to hear your story.

EDIT: numbers are in USD. I figure a lot of people also use EUR, but I'm going to assume that more people on namepros use USD. Sorry, EUR! :( If you make your money in EUR, GBP, JPY, or something else, please convert to USD accordingly.

Thanks.

:tu:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
17 names at sedo. I made .17 last month. I usually park domains until I either develop or sell. It's good to collect something in the meantime. I've had domain earn their renewal fees while being parked.

•••
I've been doing this just short of a year, and now have 106 names parked. I'll also of course soon be launching my own obligatory domaining blog. Since I will soon be relating most of my experiences online, I have no qualms about providing my parking results.

July was my best month to date with 144 dollars revenue. 110 of those dollars were from one domain - a .com. Only one other domain made over 10 dollars - a .net. Fourteen other names had revenue ranging from 2 cents to 8 dollars. They are a mix of .com, .info, one other .net and one .us and one .tv in a variety of categories, with the largest percentage being geo.

1,455 visits provided 876 total ad clicks at an average return per click of 17 cents. I know that doesn't total out at 144 dollars. But that is parking company math. I do occasionally experiment with different keywords, but have found it difficult to optimize any better than the automated system.

Custom content is another matter. That name with the 8 dollar income is one that didn't make a cent the prior three months that I owned it. I had written and placed five paragraphs of general information on it when I first parked it. Suddenly in July I started getting traffic from the company whose name rhymes with boogle. I'm hoping the traffic continues because this will be a nice return on a couple dollar .info registration. And I will now experiment more with Parked's custom content feature.

Names that have no parking revenue, and also do not inspire brilliant development ideas will be sold, dropped or digitally stomped to death. I'll probably also sell some names I really like, that are just not practical for me personally to develop. The combination of parking results, my snails-pace development skills and approaching renewal dates is making me more cautious with new acquisitions.

I've enjoyed the parking experience but the next year will see me put as many names as possible on mini, and some not-so-mini sites. This includes my best name, so there will go the bulk of my current parking revenue.

•••
How much money do you earn from domain parking each month (USD)?
this month
a little less than next month, a little more than last month.

•••
•••
sounds like

davenj said:
Suddenly in July I started getting traffic from the company whose name rhymes with boogle.
That company must be doodle!!!!!!

Like you, most of my revenue comes from one name which luckily i regged by mistake and varies between 40c and $7 a day. Why the great difference, dunno? The 2nd highest revenue maker is a proxy dot us name at about a $1 or so a day.

The 100 or so others, even though most have backlinks and are archived sites so would expect traffic etc, make next to nothing to nothing.

I am in the process in having a minisite made now for a parked name which gets around 60 uniques a day but for some reason no clicks to see if this is any good. If so will have some mini sites developed...if not will let them expire to the little domain name home in heaven.

•••
I think we should have another option of $10K + each month. I know many domainers easily make that figure and more. I know the top guys make around 45-150K a month. Some even more than that.

•••
opalxx said:
Like you, most of my revenue comes from one name which luckily i regged by mistake and varies between 40c and $7 a day.
I only hope with a little more experience, that I can learn to make those types of mistakes.

My principal money-making domain cost me some decent money. The break even point will probably be at least sixteen months income. Its seasonal in nature and starting to slow down now. But from what I see, that time frame makes for a pretty good buy. I certainly don't regret the purchase, and I do have other plans for the name.

May your luck continue with the minisite for your 60 uniques a day name. Good traffic with no clicks can be frustrating. I have a few that are confounding me, but nowhere, nowhere near that amount of visits. Fortunately my overall click thru rate is very good.

•••
some ppl makes more money flipping domain names than parking but of course having a stable parking income is good.at least u can cover all your renewals when it comes wif ur parking income.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back