• 4th (tie)

TECHBROCCOLI.COM

votes
    0.0%

• 17 votes
  • Ended 10 years ago
  • Final results
Hello NamePros!

Can you help me choose between these names for my blog and social? This will be the blog for my websites - sort of like an umbrella brand.

I will do all the social through this.

Any thoughts you have would be welcome, I cannot pick! Thanks for reading.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
None of them shout out at me to be honest If I had to pick one it would be DIGITALMEATLOAF.COM. Sorry that I was not much more help. I would maybe search for alternatives ..

Just to mention :) the above was my initial thoughts no checks were done on search numbers, history, backlinks etc just the name :) x

Last edited:
•••
Same here. If I had to pick one it would be DIGITALBROCCOLI.COM

•••
@ Michelle @Asfas1000

Thanks guys for your honest feedback. Much appreciated! I think also they are pretty close.

•••
Same here. If I had to pick one it would be DIGITALBROCCOLI.COM

50% of people spell it Brocolli.

TechStirFry is the best of the bunch because it does kind of have a meaning without further explanation.

I'd do a complete reboot.

•••
What about techfu? Kind of like tofu?

Much shorter and more memorable, IMO. Though I don't know if it conveys what you want it to.

•••
What about techfu? Kind of like tofu?

Much shorter and more memorable, IMO. Though I don't know if it conveys what you want it to.

I think he's looking for names he owns or are available?

•••
I would go for DigitalIngredients.com

•••
None of them shout out at me to be honest If I had to pick one it would be DIGITALMEATLOAF.COM. Sorry that I was not much more help. I would maybe search for alternatives ..

Just to mention :) the above was my initial thoughts no checks were done on search numbers, history, backlinks etc just the name :) x
I'll agree w Michelle

•••
@ greggb

TechFu is nice. As well as the tofu angle, there is the KungFu angle. But it's taken since 1999. Thanks anyhow for the suggestion.

@ Grace Delete

Yes, I own the names above and am looking to pick one for an umbrella brand which will hopefully(!) take the form of a blog.

I also like TechStirFry.com, and DigitalStirfry.com but I'm inclined to agree, I was thinking about them in the shower and I'm not sure about them. When I see TechStirfry.com written I like it more.

@dkm22
I quite like digitalingredients.com, It's just a little long.

@lll - thanks for the feedback.

I was thinking of another type of name. Here's some possibilities:

UrbanDiplomat.com
UberClear.com
Colendar.com
MixFind.com
IceHub.com
Zepper.com
CyberPeach.Com
EasyBro.Com
FreezeInc.com
BeatMyDrum.Com
Bopsy.Com
BornToClick.com
KmGm.com
Nuggo.Com
Ratbot.Com
RebelCity.Com
SaveOurCity.Com
SocialUnity.Com
Surftastic.com
Whizzkids.Com
RapItUp.Com
GeekStew.com
UrbanRat.com
Hometruths.Com

•••
I think all your first suggestions are all at the same level and not one is really suitable as an umbrella domain. Your second bunch of domains, whilst they are better than your first bunch of domains, most would be suitable, I don't really like any of them, but maybe SocialUnity.com would do, since you are doing all your social networking through this umbrella domain.

•••
Icehub.com hears well, The first list nothing is ringing a bell. In the second list only Icehub is some what close to something in my opinion.

•••
Unfortunately, none of these as they are all so easy to misspell and none roll off the tongue. But if I had to choose: TechStirfry.com

•••
Kollam003,

I hear you on Icehub. I do like that also. Thanks for your post.

Tia,

Thanks also for your tip. I also now have a problem with the list that I posted.

But - if I had to pick from the original list - definitely TechStirFry.com it would have to be and I do quite like it.

It's just this going to a be a blog, a lot about naming - so looking for something amazing!

It's been a tough week. At one stage I was going with TechDiplomat.com I even put up the blog. And also I put up TechStirFry.com and DigitalStirFry.com.

But overall the advice from the panel is to look for someone else. And I agree so I am now digging in looking for a name. Love TechGarden.com and GeekSoup.com but they are regged/expensive.

Thanks to everyone for posting. I really appreciate it.

If you don't mind I will post another pool this weekend.

•••
I guess you should also consider the fact that, your blog name should be remembered by other people, so choose it wisely, if you go with too unique names people would have a hard time remembering the name.

•••
Kollam,
Agreed. But the idea of combining foods with words like tech and digital, the aim is to get them to stick in the memory.
I am curious - is this valid in your opinion?

•••
I love GeekStew .com! To me, it sounds like Beef Stew. I'm not sure if you've had it. But it has garlic, onion, celery, carrots, beef, pepper, paprika, all spice etc. Its a hardy delicious stew, chock-full of ingredients. To me it sounds like the making of a blog chock-full of tech info.

•••
DomainEmpress,

Well, I was brought up in Ireland - on beef stew! Delicious, especially with different meats.

I hear you on GeekStew.com as a name. It's two syllables also. GeekMix might also be good but I don't own that. Thanks for your thoughts.

•••
Sorry I can't vote any name....

•••
DomainEmpress,

Well, I was brought up in Ireland - on beef stew! Delicious, especially with different meats.

I hear you on GeekStew.com as a name. It's two syllables also. GeekMix might also be good but I don't own that. Thanks for your thoughts.

To me, GeekStew sounds more appealing then GeekMix anyway. But go with your gut. In this situation you're building a blog. Blogs are not sterile. They are lively, and they are usually a reflection of the blogger. What does your whole self feel when you read these names? Do any of them make you want to start working on the blog right away? Do any of them get your creative juices flowing?

If not, maybe go back to the drawing board, if so, you know what to do!

Lol! But what do I know?

•••
I dont think that is a valid point.

•••
Hi guys,

Sorry again about this. I am hoping this is the final list.

The idea is to be able to tie all the social - that is, twitter, facebook and other social together.

A sort of umbrella name.

I will do a blog on the umbrella name. At least that's the plan.

Here's the final list including the best of the previous lists:

FreezeInc.com
BrightJelly.com
ConnectFreeze.com
FreezeConnect.com
TechStirFry.com
IdiotLink.com
JellyMagnet.com
KillerJelly.com
IceHub.com
Linkfully.com
LinkOrchard.com
SimpleJelly.com
TechHoldem.com
SimplyJelly.com
StrangeJelly.com
TrustedJelly.com
TechAnyone.com
TechFreeway.com
GeekFrontier.com
GeekFrontiers.com
TeTeTech.com
TeTeATech.com
GeekJelly.com
BeatMyDrum.com

Thanks again for your help!

Alan

•••
As I understand it, this is going to be your umbrella domain, which does all the social networking for all your other domains. I think for this, hands down the best domain for this is, BeatMyDrum.com.If there are any other details you have left out from why you are choosing this domain, I am not aware of them.

•••
Hi Stub,

I "like" a lot of the names on this list. But right now I only "love" two:

BeatMyDrum.com
LinkOrchard.com

There's a problem with BeatMyDrum.com. I am trying to create a business blog more than a personal blog; a business brand. It's a remote possibility - but I need another person or business to be able to walk right into it.

BeatMyDrum is just too personal. Plus it's more than just me now involved.

Thanks so much for your opinion.

•••
Well as more facts evolve, I change my opinion :) I prefer LinkOrchard.com now. More professional, and only 2 words.

One thing I don't understand is how the other domains are going to benefit from your social domain. And also, with so many blogs, where do you find the time? And what are you going to blog about?

The only slight negative about the chosen domain is it has the work "link" in it. Which makes it sound a tad like a link farm.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back