Dynadot

Plz help with my design decision (Possible hire)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello-

Currently, I am trying to create a site that functions like anandtech dot com (simpler, different topic).

Looking at my requirements below, what would be your best recommendation on how to approach my project? I am learning Dreamweaver CS3 & Wordpress and my coding skills are very outdated.

Home page – periodic announcements; rss feed links
Blog – frequent updates with possible video imbedding
Article/Reviews – much like AT site, I would like to write and allow users to leave a feedback

Also, if you are a professional web designer, would you PM me the cost and time it would take for you to build this shell?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, you need some kind of server side scripting done. It's because you are updating the content often, have to generate RSS feeds from that content and users must leave comments about stuff. You could get away with a blog framework but I don't know any one that's good enough so depending on what you want you might have to design that too. It's not a big deal but it's gonna need a management system too. I guess you're gonna need a login/register sytem, search option with that and so on, you got the point. You can't get away without server side scripting.

So all in all, if you have time it's a good project to learn programming.

I'm looking for full projects right now but it might take up to a month to get it up and running. If you have a server running PHP I could help if you need any. You can do whatever you know and I'll fill the gaps, I don't mind.

PM me if you need help and I'll let you know how much I will charge, I don't wanna post fees without knowing exactly what you want.

•••
thanks for your comments. i am going to do some more research before deciding on which route to take

thanks again!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back