IT.COM

.tv Please sign this Petition against the Upcoming .TV Auction on Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the problem is not the reserve price. The problem is that there are too many domains in auction considering what has just happened to the .tv world.
My hope is that Sedo has contacted many enduser and some domains get XX,XXX price.

•••
37 signers so far! We need more! Please help spread the word!

•••
37 signers so far! We need more! Please help spread the word!

I don't understand why you want it cancelled? Please clarify.

•••
I don't understand why you want it cancelled? Please clarify.

Please read the petition. We don't want the auction canceled just the high reserves.

•••
And while they're at it... just do away with the premium pricing structure altogether that has been nothing but a hindrance to the ccTLD.

RL

•••
I signed the petition. They should also get rid about 50% of the names in that auction, only have top quality.

Thanks, Jim

•••
Great initiative Richard! Signed.

•••
Nice Job Richard,

We're up to 43 right now.
I tried to sign it again, under a different email address and it wouldn't let me...
Said I have to come back in 24 hours.
Damn site must be checkin IP's!

Thats the way we vote here in Chicago...early and often!

•••
Nice Job Richard,

We're up to 43 right now.
I tried to sign it again, under a different email address and it wouldn't let me...
Said I have to come back in 24 hours.
Damn site must be checkin IP's!

Thats the way we vote here in Chicago...early and often!

Thanks so much!

•••
FREE .TV's!!!! Thats what we need.

•••
This is a great thread.
I can't believe we are only up to 46 votes so far...

I'm giving this thread a well deserved Bump.

3 Days til auction people!

•••
I can't believe we are only up to 46 votes so far...

Hint it - is a pointless petition. The auction is what it is and enough names are going to sell for it to be worthwhile.

•••
Hint it - is a pointless petition. The auction is what it is and enough names are going to sell for it to be worthwhile.

Hey Mr. Negative...
I was wondering where you've been!

We've really missed you here in .TV Land! :)

•••
My hope is that Sedo has contacted many enduser and some domains get XX,XXX price.

I mentioned very early on that there should have been NO "Reserve Prices" for any of the domains ... AND that auction results would be disappointing (in part, due to lack of demand by End users), IMHO. :red:
Petitionning/cancelling it now, in effect, would simply serve to confirm that the auction results will not nearly meet recent, heightened expectations, in my judgement.

Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

•••
AND that auction results would be disappointing (in part, due to lack of demand by End users),

Enduser aren't going to come running along to auctions aside from the very rare case. Would be unrealistic to expect it and a waste of money to try and promote to them. They usually know what they want.

•••
Enduser aren't going to come running along to auctions aside from the very rare case. Would be unrealistic to expect it and a waste of money to try and promote to them. They usually know what they want.

Judging from your above statement, You evidently don't read many books on marketing, do you?

•••
Judging from your above statement, You evidently don't read many books on marketing, do you?

This isn't like selling someone a carton of paper. The need for a brand is very specific to a business. The owners know what they want. There is little point emailing employment companies telling them you are auctioning off jobs.tv or someone else telling them about business.tv. The actual chance of them being interested, making it to the auction and then outbidding speculators is remote, that is why over time auction companies have realised that unless it is a strikingly obvious fit (like cowboys.com and the dallas cowboys) it is a waste of money. Domainers don't seem to get it, they keeping asking why auction houses don't try and bring in a whole lot of endusers, the fact is it has been tried before.

To the people complaining, try and market to endusers with your own money and let us know how you go. I think you'll find it will be a very significant expense to try and do. If you want endusers either spend a significant amount of time/money trying to sell to them, or just wait years like buydomains do. Don't expect an auction house making 10% to do it for you.

But yes, you are right, I don't read books on marketing.

•••
they keeping asking why auction houses don't try and bring in a whole lot of endusers, the fact is it has been tried before.

yup

To the people complaining, try and market to endusers with your own money and let us know how you go.

:lol:

i really dont get this "stop the auction" thing. its amazing to watch an otherwise ruthlessly capitalistic group treat someone elses property like its a public resource.

•••
No one that I know of has called to stop the auction, just to not have reserves because it can only hurt the success of the auction and the extension. By putting in high reserves for some of the names may scare off potential bidders and will leave the names w/o any bids which will hurt the entire extension IMHO.

I'm trying to look at what VeriSign is trying to accomplish with this auction. If it is buzz for .tv then take away the reserves and let people fight over the domains since every domain will get bids.

If it is to make a lot of money in one day, well even if they all sell it won't be more than what they have made over the last two weeks and by putting reserves you are stopping bid fights from taking place IMO.

Whatever reason they are doing it for it makes no sense to have reserves and that is why I started the petition.

•••
...The actual chance of them being interested, making it to the auction and then outbidding speculators is remote...
...and by your suggestion the actual chance will be nil...

...To the people complaining, try and market to endusers with your own money and let us know how you go...
...I would certainly agree, it's nice to think that a clearinghouse like sedo et al would actually to this, but you have to work with your own names, not just moneywise but timewise...

But yes, you are right, I don't read books on marketing.
...There are a lot of good ones out there, easy to understand(which is what I require) and fun to think about once finished. Try it, just one or two, if you don't like it, it's all good.

:alien: :gl:

•••

I don't disagree ... and that's why I stated above, "in part, due to lack of demand by End users"; there are many dynamics currently at work against having a successful (in light of recent context) Sedo .TV auction, IMHO. :guilty:

PS. I would love to see some verified examples, if any, of End users who have purchased auctioned .TV domains ... and then developed them in to stand-alone, unique and content rich "video centric" websites. :gl: :imho:

Kind regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
I don't disagree ... and that's why I stated above, "in part, due to lack of demand by End users"; there are many dynamics currently at work against having a successful (in light of recent context) Sedo .TV auction, IMHO. :guilty:...

Ahhh...the postings and musings of twentieth century thought!

We will read these one day for historical purposes and consider how quaint the ramblings were at that time of those who did not/could not catch up to 21st century culture and technology! :santa:

•••
We will read these one day for historical purposes and consider how quaint the ramblings were at that time of those who did not/could not catch up to 21st century culture and technology! :santa:

Technology, long-term, actually works against the ".TV", in many respects just as it did for the ".MOBI"; one may also freely refer back to my humble posts in the #1 .MOBI Forum™ for an historical lesson, perspective IMHO. ;)

All the best,
Jeff B-)

•••
Technology, long-term, actually works against the ".TV", in many respects just as it did for the ".MOBI"; one may also freely refer back to my humble posts in the #1 .MOBI Forum™ for an historical lesson, perspective IMHO. ;)

All the best,
Jeff B-)

The truism regarding long-term technology also relates to everything in life and cyberspace. I feel it is a silly observation, even for your standards, Jeff. :-/

Nothing lasts forever, and the only thing constant is change(what an old saying to bring up here!). But we are riding the .tv extension now and there really is nothing you can do to bring the twentieth century back that you apparently so dearly miss. Get over it. We are having a good time and the tide has shifted despite your vain and motley attempts to push it back.

Fun to see you try, though. :music:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back