IT.COM

Please help: which is the better name for a business?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which is the better name for my site?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • namearcher.com

• nameshifu.com

• brandtechnician.com

• namesuperiority.com

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Capo Status

Established Member
Impact
Hi!

I'm interested in creating a proper site where I can showcase/sell my domains and cut out the middle man so to speak. I am also interested in offering a sort of consulting service regarding name choice. Now, I realize the irony in that since i'm asking the nP fam for advice but please let me know which name you think is better.

I've registered the following in dot com:

• NameArcher
  • NameShifu
  • BrandTechnician
  • NameSuperiority

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BrandTechnician I could come up with way better, not to be rude. CapoDomains for ex.

•••
BrandTech is trademarked.

I don't love any of the choices but NameArcher seems the best to me.

•••
BrandTechnician I could come up with way better, not to be rude. CapoDomains for ex.
Not rude at all, reason i'm asking in the first place is because none of them convince me. I like CapoDomains-- will consider.

•••
I would add one more option: none of the above.
These names are not compelling. If you want to sell domains, it's best to own one that is... compelling.

•••
I would add one more option: none of the above.
These names are not compelling. If you want to sell domains, it's best to own one that is... compelling.
True... selling domains on a site w/ a weak domain is pretty irrational. Appreciate it.

•••
NameArcher is Best IMO, its short clean and the easiest to spell, thats all folks!

•••
Names look better capitalized, nameArcher is pretty good too

•••
if you have the budget, i would put a request in the 'wanted' section to get some good choices

•••
If someone wants to work as a personal trainer they should be in pretty decent shape before they start giving advice on how to get fit.

Likewise a domaine trying to get end users to upgrade from an existing poor-quality domain should not be operating their domain business on an obvious recent handreg domain. There are likely much better options available in the aftermarket if you are truly serious about investing time and energy into this business. On the other hand in the short term you can just list domains in aftermarkets like Afternic, Sedo, Godaddy, Undeveloped.

•••
Namearcher is a good concept but it doesnt sound good.
NameFam is nonsense but it sounds good.
Namespot sounds better.
Bullseye, Brandseye, good concept but it sounds wierd, and not self explanatory.
Take the NameArcher concept and make it compelling. Change the name, it has to flow easily like Amazon, twitter, facebook, LinkedIn, youtube, namespot.

•••
If someone wants to work as a personal trainer they should be in pretty decent shape before they start giving advice on how to get fit.

Likewise a domaine trying to get end users to upgrade from an existing poor-quality domain should not be operating their domain business on an obvious recent handreg domain. There are likely much better options available in the aftermarket if you are truly serious about investing time and energy into this business. On the other hand in the short term you can just list domains in aftermarkets like Afternic, Sedo, Godaddy, Undeveloped.
You bring up a good point. I don't think i'm truly serious about it yet. I was trying to run before crawling since I haven't even made my first sale. I've listed my domains on all the sites you mentioned and i'll prob stick to that for now until I prove to myself I can make sales.

•••
I agree that NameArcher is the best. An arch is a structural element like a brand is, can be beautiful, is strong by design. I can see it working. Just mho. Best wishes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back