IT.COM

information Please Help Eric Lyon He lost everything in the Houston Flood.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello My name is George Verdugo and live in Kansas City I wanted I to set up this page for my Friend Eric Lyon and Family because they lost everything in the Houston Flooding and had to leave his home. If any of you can help him and his familly it would be greatly appricated by them, They did not ask me to this but I felt compelled to do so. Please Help they really need it and have nothing , Furniture, Bedding, Clothing, Computers are all gone due to the Flood. Thanks in Advance #Houston #HoustonFlood #Harvey #Flooding

*** I figured that 15,000 would help them replace ***some of what they lost in their home.

https://www.gofundme.com/eric-lyon-fund - Complete.

For future donations, Eric Lyon's PayPal is [email protected]

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OMG THE COMMUNITY DID IT!!!!

upload_2017-9-3_12-3-47.png

giphy.gif

•••
I really like how DSAD.com (and everyone else) brought up this auction in their blog posts. I mention @Domain Shane because of the psychology of his wording...

upload_2017-9-3_12-7-51.png

HERE

To me, I perceived it, as if you consider yourself to be somebody in the industry, you will be on the prestigious and honorable list of donors. (not to undercut those who donated directly to Erics PayPal account and are not on the list) Almost like, if you are in the industry, you owe it to the community to help out one of it's own. Financially, I am way worse off than Eric and his family, and yet, there was no way I wasn't going to donate to this GoFundMe in any way I could. #KARMA

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @Grilled for bringing us the good news! :xf.smile:

•••
WE MET OUR GOAL IF 15,000 I wanted to say thank you to everyone who participated in the campaign I hope this will help Eric and his family a little to recover some of his things from the flood ! This will be my last post ! Thank you all you are the BEST!❤️

Attachments

• IMG_3499.PNG
    IMG_3499.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
•••
Excellent news. Just excellent.

•••
Hi George, and Domain community

We have already posted a link to this thread in our header at our site https://inbackorder.com and we would like to further contribute to help Eric to help him get through this tough time.

Taking inspiration from Andrew's giveaway of his DesktopCatcher software, we too would like to provide our services for free to the people who donate. I have compiled a basic campaign, please let me know your views on it and if you would like to proceed with it:

---------------
Standard .in Domain Drop Catch Backorder ($25) 1 for each unique person for next 4 hours who donates any amount to Eric
Descrption: 100% off on Drop Catch for any .in domain dropping today
URL: https://inbackorder.com/product/backorder
Coupon: Eric
NamePros Thread: https://www.namepros.com/threads/la...atch-service-for-in-and-co-in-domains.997205/
Valid for: Next 4 hours (11:30 AM GMT)

Please use the coupon code while ordering. If your order is successful, send your a message/proof and you will receive your domain.

Just let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks again!

THANKS INBACKORDER.COM FOR THIS KIND OFFER.
---------------

•••
I know the goal was reached, but I just donated all the same (wish I had read here first to have sent directly to PayPal). I've experienced 2 relatively minor floodings of my condo years ago and it sucks .. so I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for you and your neighbours going through something 1000 times worse. One little tip, when you get back take pictures of everything and document every detail .. I got totally swindled and tricked by legalese by Allstate and after they wrongfully dismissed my claim I'm still in court with the city 12 years later. Anyhow .. as I stated on the page ...

I hope things start to improve for you and your family .. and as difficult as it may be remember, that you didn't lose your most precious irreplaceables (each other). Be safe!

Really amazing to see how the community has come together for this.

•••
Feeling bad reading this.
I was aware and updated about the whole situation through Eric's FB page.
I read about his update on GoFundMe.
@Eric Lyon don't feel bad. Things turned so fast I am sure you did not get chance to do anything.
We're all in this and here to help you.
Worst is over, every family member is fine and nothing beats that.
I hope things improve really fast for you and everyone in the area who were affected.

•••
Thanks @BigBoyDog for starting this campaign. My experience is that Paypal is a much easier option, so maybe add this option in the next campaign.

•••
Sorry about that Eric.
I can just tell you that thanks for God that you and your family are OK.
I don't know if it will be helpful for you but you and your family more than welcome in Israel. I can arrange great place for you in Tel Aviv and do some tour in israel until the things will slow down.

•••
Bad News @Eric Lyon everything for a reason positive attitude is the best medicine.

Health is #1 as long as everyone was safe.

•••
Wishing you and your family @Eric Lyon all the best, stay safe.

•••
Best to you and your family Eric.

•••
well done @BigBoyDog you have given us a positive way to share our support for Eric Lyon and his family at this difficult time.

•••
Hi George, and Domain community

We have already posted a link to this thread in our header at our site https://inbackorder.com and we would like to further contribute to help Eric to help him get through this tough time.

Taking inspiration from Andrew's giveaway of his DesktopCatcher software, we too would like to provide our services for free to the people who donate. I have compiled a basic campaign, please let me know your views on it and if you would like to proceed with it:

---------------
Standard .in Domain Drop Catch Backorder ($25) 1 for each unique person for next 4 hours who donates any amount to Eric
Descrption: 100% off on Drop Catch for any .in domain dropping today
URL: https://inbackorder.com/product/backorder
Coupon: Eric
NamePros Thread: https://www.namepros.com/threads/la...atch-service-for-in-and-co-in-domains.997205/
Valid for: Next 4 hours (11:30 AM GMT)

Please use the coupon code while ordering. If your order is successful, send your a message/proof and you will receive your domain.

Just let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks again!

THANKS INBACKORDER.COM FOR THIS KIND OFFER.
---------------

Thanks George for posting this. We would like to extend it indefinitely as a toke of appreciation to everyone who donated to help Eric and helped me get through it.

We have removed the time restriction and for any one who has donated (or will donate), we will knock off 100% payment from his bill amount on their any standard order. Any user can now use the coupon code "Eric" while ordering at https://inbackorder.com/product/backorder and provide us with their previous/current proof of donation and their order will be completely on us.

Can't thank enough @BigBoyDog for taking initiative to help Eric by starting this thread and fundraising campaign which really helped him in his need of the hour. You're a champ.

Last edited:
•••
I suggest people should be careful about verifying these things, in every disaster there are a lot of scammers looking to take advantage.

•••
I suggest people should be careful about verifying these things, in every disaster there are a lot of scammers looking to take advantage.

You probably have no clue what you're talking about! Just joined today to troll around and talk none sense! You would have been in a better position have you went through the whole thread and maybe few posts in this forum getting to know who's who!

Basically, your suggestion is NOT in place in this situation.

•••
Hello Raoo,

Welcome to NamePros.

You joined just to post this?
You are correct, people should be very careful about verifying such things, and rest assured, this has been verified.
Read through the thread and you will see everyone is well known to the forum and to the members personally.

Thank you for your concern, and enjoy your time spent visiting the forum.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
Hi Eric,

I'm so sorry for what you've been through. It's so tough and challenging to face such an enormous disaster and I could imagine the sheer pain and heartache of it all, especially with a toddler. I pray that God be with you and your family.

My sister lives in Houston as well. Thankfully, she is okay.

Now that the goal has been reached, please remember all the hundred of thousands of other victims of Harvey. Paypal is doing a fundraiser as well. https://www.paypal.com/us/fundraiser/107638597766619098

CC

•••
Just wondering if there was any update on how @Eric Lyon and his family are doing?

Headlines now are on the Caribbean and Florida with Irma, and unfortunately there is little news of how people are doing in coastal Texas.

Anyhow .. hope the water has receded more and things are slowly coming back to normal. Good luck with everything and best wishes to you and everyone around you!

•••
Hey Eric,
Hope you are doing fine..
Best to you and your family.

•••
Just wondering if there was any update on how @Eric Lyon and his family are doing?

Headlines now are on the Caribbean and Florida with Irma, and unfortunately there is little news of how people are doing in coastal Texas.

Anyhow .. hope the water has receded more and things are slowly coming back to normal. Good luck with everything and best wishes to you and everyone around you!
We met with FEMA at the house the other day since the water receded low enough to get into the neighborhood. The inspection took a little over an hour and they determined everything was a total loss and ordered us to stay outside of the home until we could hire a crew to completely gut it out (Walls, wiring, ducts, cabnets, sinks, doors, windows, etc.) and get rid of all the mold.

The vehicles are both confirmed totaled as well with mold growing inside the dash board and everywhere else. Both vehicles were submerged for days.

We are doing ok and taking it day by day now trying to put the peices of the puzzle back together. It's a long road ahead, but we'll eventually get there. :)

•••
Sorry to hear all this @Eric.

Don't forget to take care of the emotional and mental turmoil - events like this can be traumatic and you need to make sure that you take care of yourself and your family. It will be a long road ahead and I wish you the best.

•••
Update: Here's some pictures of our front yard today as we met with the clean-up/demolition crew to clean out everything that was destroyed before they start ripping out all the walls, windows, doors, electrical, etc. so we can start the rebuilding processes. You can see how high the water was in our house by the water/mold lines on the walls of the garage inside it.
WP_20170911_13_45_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20170911_13_45_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20170911_13_45_18_Pro.jpg

21685947_10214224087494964_2791296186588149107_n.jpg

21558972_10214224089295009_4957500730395308647_n.jpg

21557689_10214224089615017_6563536913037894353_n.jpg

21557666_10214224089895024_4432015922904902137_n.jpg

21433067_10214224088494989_1812461241017989305_n.jpg

21432907_10214224086334935_5900535393415051849_n.jpg

•••
Not to diminish your losses brother, but all of that is "stuff". I understand it is your "stuff" and it hurts to see it piled up like that, but we're glad that you and Amanda and the baby are not in that pile and are safe and still with us.

This too shall pass

Peace,
Kenny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back