IT.COM

information Please Help Eric Lyon He lost everything in the Houston Flood.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello My name is George Verdugo and live in Kansas City I wanted I to set up this page for my Friend Eric Lyon and Family because they lost everything in the Houston Flooding and had to leave his home. If any of you can help him and his familly it would be greatly appricated by them, They did not ask me to this but I felt compelled to do so. Please Help they really need it and have nothing , Furniture, Bedding, Clothing, Computers are all gone due to the Flood. Thanks in Advance #Houston #HoustonFlood #Harvey #Flooding

*** I figured that 15,000 would help them replace ***some of what they lost in their home.

https://www.gofundme.com/eric-lyon-fund - Complete.

For future donations, Eric Lyon's PayPal is [email protected]

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry to hear about your loss eric, stay well and take care of your family in this tough time, we all with you.

•••
Good luck to you and your family @Eric Lyon - thoughts and prayers are with you.

•••
Sad to learn about what happened to you and your family. It takes a lot of patience and sacrifice to go through all these. Hope you'll be able to recover soon...

•••
I've tried to send but the system continue to load and never complete.. I've heard several guys with this issue...
Any idea of the reason?
Happened to me too - no idea why, but I hit the back button and re-entered my data and it went through. But I'm certain it was correct the first time. System unusually busy and timing out, maybe?

•••
I was hoping there would already be a link posted on here to help out Eric. I know George and he is a good guy who will make sure Eric gets 100% of that money. I donated last night and am doing my best to share it around GoDaddy and in my social media circles. If you can give great if not please help share the link for those who can and keep Eric and his family in your prayers.
The domain community is like a family and it is nice to see how they are taking care of their own.

•••
Glad to know Eric and his family is safe. I will be donating tomorrow night when my paycheck deposits - every other week I have "play money" that goes into another acct just for my personal online spending. I will be donating that rather than using it to buy domains. It's not a lot but I hope it helps.

•••
Hoping the best for Eric and family.

•••
namepros should make a temporary banner and put it on the main page

•••
Done & shared @ FB. Good luck, stay safe!

•••
Sorry to hear this Eric, Hope you recover soon.

•••
Must be awful mate, but hopefully you're all safe and sound now. Wish you all the best and hope you're back soon @Eric Lyon

Last edited:
•••
Thoughts and wishes are with you and your family @Eric Lyon

•••
FYI, you can embed a gofundme widget with donation button on your website(s) from the campaign page by clicking the green plus + sign next to the "tweet" button (see screen shot below)
upload_2017-8-30_13-39-48.png
:

It opens a box, then you click on "Add an embeddable widget"

upload_2017-8-30_13-41-1.png

After you add the code to your page(s) it looks like this:

upload_2017-8-30_13-44-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-30_13-38-50.png
    upload_2017-8-30_13-38-50.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
•••
@pablohc86 - if you are new to GoFundMe, see if you can set up your account and activate by your email to verify. I had issues as well since I had not before used GoFundMe, once I verified my email it went through. Check your cc also to see if it was charged and just not showing at GoFundMe, it took a while for the receipt. HTH
i'll try this, thanks

•••
Many domain name investors probably wouldn't be domain name investors if they hadn't found this website and at some point approached eric Lyon or been helped by eric via direct message etc

The domain industry should pick up the tab for his and his family's immediate needs as a thank you

This fund will gather pace in due course but that will take time

Initially one of the big registrars like gd or uniregistry should give eric some reassurance by saying get yourself some accommodation and food and they pick up the tab and then if the registrars want compensating for their immediate financial in due course then this fund may be able to address the balance etc?

But by all accounts eric needs financial reassurance now not later something that one of the registrars could do quite easily?

Failing that

How many domain investors would donate a domain name?

That could be auctioned off via a special auction?

if flippa or gd held a special auction? One that contained a list of domains compiled by np members donating one of their domain names to such an auction?

I would be prepared to donate a domain name to such an auction if it raised funds for eric directly no fees

Last edited:
•••
All the best wishes for a fast recovery to the Lyon Family. Such an awful disaster, but i know from past business experiences that Texans are strong and a great community of people and will recover fast! Best wishes for a rapid recovery.

•••
Hope you and yours are safe Eric, thoughts are with all those affected x

Last edited:
•••
I was hoping there would already be a link posted on here to help out Eric. I know George and he is a good guy who will make sure Eric gets 100% of that money. I donated last night and am doing my best to share it around GoDaddy and in my social media circles. If you can give great if not please help share the link for those who can and keep Eric and his family in your prayers.
The domain community is like a family and it is nice to see how they are taking care of their own.

Would you or np mods run an auction on np where people can donate a domain in to that auction that bidders can bid on with all proceeds going to eric?

•••
•••
Eric Lyon Update: We are still safe at my brother-in-laws. I am at a loss for words seeing how some of the domain community has come together during our dark times right now. I've maintained my strength throughout the majority of this and kept a level head, however, my adrenaline is starting to fade and the reality of the situation and stress levels are starting to rise. I feel like I've failed my family and myself for not being better prepared, There had to have been more I could have done to save some of our belongings. My 18-month-old doesn't understand what's happening and I feel horrible for feeling any stress related to his outbursts of tears because we are trying to get things situated and can't chase him around the house all day to make sure he doesn't grab anything dangerous. I'm on the verge of tears right now typing this and cried myself to sleep last night. Right now I'm trying to get a little quiet time to regain my composure so I can be strong for my family again. At the same time, my heart goes out to all the people still needing rescuing. My brother-in-law is out there right now helping others evacuate to safety as even more communities are taking on water from overflowing streams, rivers, reservoirs, etc. and in need of rescue. I apologize that this update is short and emotional. I want you all to know that we are so grateful for all your prayers, gestures, and to George Abravanel Verdugo for starting a gofund me on our behalf. If I was in Kansas I would give him a manly bear hug. be safe out there everyone. I'll try to upate again when I have more composure. We love you all!

•••
If you dont have a credit card you can give to him direct @ [email protected] He and his family would greatly appreciate it big time.

•••
Hey everyone,

We’re deeply touched by the outpouring of support by the domain community. Eric and his family lost almost everything in the flood, but the most important things were kept intact: his family and his place in the domaining community. Eric will appreciate all of your efforts and thoughts. We all know Eric as the giant burly enforcer, but those closest to him know that he also has a giant heart to match. It’s great to see the community coming together by showing him how much he means to us.

A very special thank you to George for his help in starting this thread and the GoFundMe page. We are extremely appreciative of your efforts. I’ve sent you a DM to help coordinate more.

Thank you to Raymond for the great idea of a live auction with a portion of the proceeds to go to Eric and his family to help them replace what they’ve lost. We’ll be providing more updates on this as we coordinate with Raymond on it.

Is there a paypal option or alternative please?

I've tried to send but the system continue to load and never complete.. I've heard several guys with this issue...

Any idea of the reason?

For anyone that is unable to use the GoFundMe page, or would rather send money via PayPal, Eric’s PayPal email is [email protected]. Please remember to read PayPal’s FAQ on gift payments first.

•••
Erics Paypal is: [email protected]

Good Luck Eric and Family!
Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXVC0396828

•••
Very sorry to hear about this Eric, and lots of positive energy and well-wishes from the team at NameSilo. Just sent a little gift from our team and we have also circulated so other individuals here will see it. Great to see the NP community and others pulling together for Eric and his family. Best of luck with everything.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back