NameSilo

Please Help Eric Lyon He lost everything in the Houston Flood.

Labeled as information in Domain Industry News started by BigBoyDog, Aug 30, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. Nile Patel

Nile Patel IdealDomain ★★★★★★★★★★

Sorry to hear about your loss eric, stay well and take care of your family in this tough time, we all with you.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kpett

Kpett Established Member

3. 4better

4better Established Domainer VIP

Sad to learn about what happened to you and your family. It takes a lot of patience and sacrifice to go through all these. Hope you'll be able to recover soon...

4. enlytend

enlytend Moderator, NamePros Moderator Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger ★★★★★★★★★★

Happened to me too - no idea why, but I hit the back button and re-entered my data and it went through. But I'm certain it was correct the first time. System unusually busy and timing out, maybe?

5. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

I was hoping there would already be a link posted on here to help out Eric. I know George and he is a good guy who will make sure Eric gets 100% of that money. I donated last night and am doing my best to share it around GoDaddy and in my social media circles. If you can give great if not please help share the link for those who can and keep Eric and his family in your prayers.
    The domain community is like a family and it is nice to see how they are taking care of their own.

6. dgmweb

dgmweb Established Member

Glad to know Eric and his family is safe. I will be donating tomorrow night when my paycheck deposits - every other week I have "play money" that goes into another acct just for my personal online spending. I will be donating that rather than using it to buy domains. It's not a lot but I hope it helps.

7. Internet.Domains

Internet.Domains Top Member VIP

8. pokainc

pokainc Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

namepros should make a temporary banner and put it on the main page

9. eurorealtor

eurorealtor okre.com VIP

10. kandyan

kandyan Established Member

11. Ollie3000

Ollie3000 Top Member VIP

Must be awful mate, but hopefully you're all safe and sound now. Wish you all the best and hope you're back soon @Eric Lyon

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  12. Grilled

Grilled khjasdhkfdhdskfhhukdfshkj VIP

13. vwblubug

vwblubug HttpRealty.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

FYI, you can embed a gofundme widget with donation button on your website(s) from the campaign page by clicking the green plus + sign next to the "tweet" button (see screen shot below)
    upload_2017-8-30_13-39-48.png :

It opens a box, then you click on "Add an embeddable widget"

upload_2017-8-30_13-41-1.png

After you add the code to your page(s) it looks like this:

upload_2017-8-30_13-44-3.png

Attached Files:

14. pablohc86

pablohc86 Top Member VIP

i'll try this, thanks

15. platey

platey Top Member VIP

Many domain name investors probably wouldn't be domain name investors if they hadn't found this website and at some point approached eric Lyon or been helped by eric via direct message etc

The domain industry should pick up the tab for his and his family's immediate needs as a thank you

This fund will gather pace in due course but that will take time

Initially one of the big registrars like gd or uniregistry should give eric some reassurance by saying get yourself some accommodation and food and they pick up the tab and then if the registrars want compensating for their immediate financial in due course then this fund may be able to address the balance etc?

But by all accounts eric needs financial reassurance now not later something that one of the registrars could do quite easily?

Failing that

How many domain investors would donate a domain name?

That could be auctioned off via a special auction?

if flippa or gd held a special auction? One that contained a list of domains compiled by np members donating one of their domain names to such an auction?

I would be prepared to donate a domain name to such an auction if it raised funds for eric directly no fees

16. offthehandle

offthehandle . Gold Account VIP

All the best wishes for a fast recovery to the Lyon Family. Such an awful disaster, but i know from past business experiences that Texans are strong and a great community of people and will recover fast! Best wishes for a rapid recovery.

17. cooljub

cooljub Established Member

Hope you and yours are safe Eric, thoughts are with all those affected x

18. platey

platey Top Member VIP

Would you or np mods run an auction on np where people can donate a domain in to that auction that bidders can bid on with all proceeds going to eric?

19. Lox

Lox ----- Gold Account VIP

20. BigBoyDog

BigBoyDog Established Member

Eric Lyon Update: We are still safe at my brother-in-laws. I am at a loss for words seeing how some of the domain community has come together during our dark times right now. I've maintained my strength throughout the majority of this and kept a level head, however, my adrenaline is starting to fade and the reality of the situation and stress levels are starting to rise. I feel like I've failed my family and myself for not being better prepared, There had to have been more I could have done to save some of our belongings. My 18-month-old doesn't understand what's happening and I feel horrible for feeling any stress related to his outbursts of tears because we are trying to get things situated and can't chase him around the house all day to make sure he doesn't grab anything dangerous. I'm on the verge of tears right now typing this and cried myself to sleep last night. Right now I'm trying to get a little quiet time to regain my composure so I can be strong for my family again. At the same time, my heart goes out to all the people still needing rescuing. My brother-in-law is out there right now helping others evacuate to safety as even more communities are taking on water from overflowing streams, rivers, reservoirs, etc. and in need of rescue. I apologize that this update is short and emotional. I want you all to know that we are so grateful for all your prayers, gestures, and to George Abravanel Verdugo for starting a gofund me on our behalf. If I was in Kansas I would give him a manly bear hug. be safe out there everyone. I'll try to upate again when I have more composure. We love you all!

21. BigBoyDog

BigBoyDog Established Member

If you dont have a credit card you can give to him direct @ [email protected] He and his family would greatly appreciate it big time.

22. Edward Zeiden

Edward Zeiden Managing Director, NamePros NamePros Staff PRO ICA Member Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

Hey everyone,

We’re deeply touched by the outpouring of support by the domain community. Eric and his family lost almost everything in the flood, but the most important things were kept intact: his family and his place in the domaining community. Eric will appreciate all of your efforts and thoughts. We all know Eric as the giant burly enforcer, but those closest to him know that he also has a giant heart to match. It’s great to see the community coming together by showing him how much he means to us.

A very special thank you to George for his help in starting this thread and the GoFundMe page. We are extremely appreciative of your efforts. I’ve sent you a DM to help coordinate more.

Thank you to Raymond for the great idea of a live auction with a portion of the proceeds to go to Eric and his family to help them replace what they’ve lost. We’ll be providing more updates on this as we coordinate with Raymond on it.

For anyone that is unable to use the GoFundMe page, or would rather send money via PayPal, Eric’s PayPal email is [email protected]. Please remember to read PayPal’s FAQ on gift payments first.

23. JimJammy

JimJammy Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Erics Paypal is: [email protected]

Good Luck Eric and Family!
    Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXVC0396828

24. namesilo

namesilo Top Member NameSilo Staff VIP

Very sorry to hear about this Eric, and lots of positive energy and well-wishes from the team at NameSilo. Just sent a little gift from our team and we have also circulated so other individuals here will see it. Great to see the NP community and others pulling together for Eric and his family. Best of luck with everything.

25. SirDrago

SirDrago NAME JEDI VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice