Dynadot

domain Please Appraise Sketchpad.com

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really like this domain, loads of potential and probably some decent value in the name as well.

Not really sure on value to be honest and could be way off the mark, but definitely think its worth at least a nice $x,xxx amount.

Good luck.

•••
Tons of potential. I would definitely go high $x,xxx to even mid $xx,xxx

Can be used for so many different types of people who sketch. Comics, fashion, inventing, etc. Plus it'd be a great name for any sort of computer program or web service relating to drawing or planning anything.

•••
Plus it'd be a great name for any sort of computer program or web service relating to drawing or planning anything.

The owner needs to be careful, as there is a US trademark covering the term "sketchpad" for some types of computer applications. (It's owned by the folks who market the well-known Geometer's Sketchpad.)

•••
Tons of potential. I would definitely go high $x,xxx to even mid $xx,xxx

I agree, was being fairly conservative with my valuation.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

The owner needs to be careful, as there is a US trademark covering the term "sketchpad" for some types of computer applications. (It's owned by the folks who market the well-known Geometer's Sketchpad.)

Its fairly generic, so probably would be okay as long as he doesn't do anything related to these computer applications. Then again, its often hard to know how TM issues are going to go.

•••
Nice domains.
Also leaning toward low $,$$$ in the absence of serious TM issues.

•••
Having a trademark on Sketchpad for "Computer software" lets a ton of air out of the balloon for me as a drawing software application is the obvious use a high dollar person would want to purchase it for. Still would make an awesome online doodle site cementing a low $xxxx base.

•••
nice name.
x.xxx low to mid (reseller)
more if you find the right buyer

•••
If not for the TM question, I could see this as the name of a drawing app for the iPad.

•••
No TM issue.

If not for the TM question, I could see this as the name of a drawing app for the iPad.

No TM issue with this DN. I have writen TM Co-Existence and Consent Agreemet with other Sketchpad party. I will give them first right of refusal if I have a good offer for Sketchpad.com

DN est price now top $XX,XXX ?

•••
Nice domain. End user price is difficult to estimate. Comparables are the best for domain names.

If you go to namebio.com, you will find that:
1. "sketch" as keyword at the start, and TLD=".com", one comparable shows up, this comparable is sketchbook.com which sold for $50,000 at sedo.com in March-3-2011.
2. .com domains ending with "pad" sold between $400 and $4,000.

It'd be a start if you go and look at the history of these domain names. The high priced one might have a history that gives them lots of value, and an enduser with the means to pay for it. It seems Autodesk, the maker of AutoCAD is the current owner of Sketchbook.

Last edited:
•••
There's no way of knowing the potential. Comparable sales don't really help much, as the value of this name could hit 6 figures if the right company needed it badly enough. However, that may or may not happen.
If you just tried to sell it in this market, then maybe xxxx.
I would consult with a lawyer about trademark issues, as this is obviously a generic term. A good lawyer would help you avoid any miss-steps if you develop. A wonderful name.

•••
I am aware of the Sketchbook sale for $50K. Autodesk got a good deal.
I post to this forum for DN marketing exposure. There is little chance I would sell it to an investor here. I’m seeking a strong end user. A six figure sale is worth the wait… Or I can re-develop it at any time. I have used this DN for my Graphics Illustration business since 1997.
I also believe Sketchpad is generic. Not an issue with DN anyway.
Yes, it’s a very good DN.

•••
I am aware of the Sketchbook sale for $50K. Autodesk got a good deal.
I post to this forum for DN marketing exposure. There is little chance I would sell it to an investor here. I’m seeking a strong end user. A six figure sale is worth the wait… Or I can re-develop it at any time. I have used this DN for my Graphics Illustration business since 1997.
I also believe Sketchpad is generic. Not an issue with DN anyway.
Yes, it’s a very good DN.

I agree its generic (I think I said that), I also think that Sketchpad.com is better than sketchbook.com :)

Definitely worth waiting for the best offer. good luck :)

:gn::gn:

•••
Sketchpad.com looks like generic enough that you could maybe activelly promote it. Any company with a 'pad' (several big ones here) or a company with sketching software come to mind (one pops in my mind right away). The sketchbook comparable is definetelly a good benchmark. But as you said, patience is you best ally.

•••
Wait for the right end user and you'd be looking at $100k+

Why? Because of HTML5s 'canvas' tag and the uses people are putting it to.

Here's a taste: http://mugtug.com/sketchpad/ - in fact, you should just buy the app from the developer and put it on your site, perfect fit.

•••
I wouldn't sell it. Hold onto it. It's worth it.

•••
Wait for the right end user and you'd be looking at $100k+

Why? Because of HTML5s 'canvas' tag and the uses people are putting it to.

Here's a taste: http://mugtug.com/sketchpad/ - in fact, you should just buy the app from the developer and put it on your site, perfect fit.

Yes, I have been looking at new development possibilities for it as well…Maybe a drawing app. I have a custom idea for it. Will see..
My designs and illustrations alone at Sketchpad.com just don’t seem to make it today.
That said, an attractive offer in the $XXX,XXX range would most likely have an impact on my DN future plans.
I think anyone in this business would cash out for that level of sales income from a DN.
I don’t like getting DN inquires from evasive and mysterious folks re this name. They get no play from me.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back