Dynadot

services Plated.com - From a $9.99 registration, to a $300 million acquisition by Albertsons

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Plated, operating from Plated.com, sends its customers the necessary ingredients to cook their own meals. This is what a “meal kit service” is all about.
plated-com.jpg
Plated.com was just acquired by Albertsons to the tune of $300 million dollars.
According to an article on CNBC, the founders bought a “$9.99 domain from GoDaddy,” in 2012, and it’s been a learning curve since...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Plated.com is not that good at all. Past tense crap if you ask me.

It's called an adjective: faded, fused, admired, colored etc. Plated can stand for covered with a coating such as paint, or - as in this case - served on a plate.

•••
Yep and it doesn't keep it from sucking.

•••
Plated is a great name for their business.

•••
"The young gentleman domained through the night".

All folks that like names like this FYI: Domained.com might be for sale so grab it while you can!!!!

The next best $1,000,000,000 name!

•••
Plated is a great name for their business.

Based on their success while using it, I'd say you're right.

"A great name can take you places a good name can't." - Bernadette Jiwa

•••
Anybody name one time you heard the term plated used in your life regarding food...yep just as I thought. The name sucks for what it is used for. Now had it been a chrome plating company that would be much different. I don't count letters I read them. "The party was a great success the items plated were especially tasty" Who talks like this???

•••
•••
The key here is that the food is delivered complete in a box. This changes 'normal' thinking. After you get your box you have everything it just needs some cooking and to be plated.

•••
The key here is that the name makes perfect sense and is short.
What's with everyone being so crazy literal.

But anyway, being literal, if it were "plate" it would be an instruction and imply work. "Plated" registers in the brain as something that's been done for you. i.e. you can immediately eat without waiting (even if you have to cook and the product is stupid).

I'd rather have something "plated" than something I need to "plate".

•••
It's funny how people will fight for a horrible name based on the fact it was purchased by a company yet had this name been for sale or simply listed I totally believe it would be looked at differently. I love the example though...yep these are the folks that talk like that BIG LOL! Albertsons is all knowing!

The Isle of Skye, connected to Scotland's northwest coast by bridge, is known for its rugged landscapes, picturesque fishing villages and medieval castles. The largest island in the Inner Hebrides archipelago, it has an indented coastline of peninsulas and narrow lochs, radiating out from a mountainous interior. The town of Portree, a base for exploring the island, features harbourside pubs and boutiques.
Population: 10,008

•••
And I will also add I'll bet not a broker one would list this on a page "for sale". I'll go as far as saying had you let this one go on Godaddy for an opening offer of 15 dollars it would not have passed 2k!

•••
•••
•••
ChefD if it is a rapper looking to be low level forever lol hatem' both.

•••
Sorry been on a domain break for sanity

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back