Dynadot

.com PiggyCoin.com a $2800 Sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
According to NameBio it looks like PiggyCoin.com sold for $2800, most likely to the developers of PiggyCoin a starter crypto currency (The crypto for kids!).

Back in June of 2016 a developer for PiggyCoin stated the following on BitcoinTalk.org:

Not sure whether I mentioned it already, but the owner of piggycoin.com is offering it to us for USD 400. Anyone interested? '(oo)'

We do already have access to piggycoin.xyz and piggycoin.io if those would be better than our present domain. Thoughts?

Oink,
Mo

Someone then replied...

With the domain, I agree that the funds can be spent somewhere else. I do not think it's justified to spend $400 on a domain name when there are tons of other stuff that can be spent with that money.

After 17 months, and the current rise in concurrency, it seems that the price went up and so the domain was acquired for $2800 USD.

For the name I think that it's a very fair return. There are certainly better keywords that go with 'coin' that can add to the value of the domain. 'Piggy', in reference to a kids bank, defines what the devs are trying to promote but I would have probably passed on the registration because it sounds very whimsical and not especially authoritative.

Congrats to the seller, all hail [kw]+coin domain names!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
pigcoin com has the same 2013 creation date. hogcoin com 2016

•••
Asscoin! What will it bring?????????

•••
•••
I am currently trying to sell CyberPiggyBank.com. Accepting all reasonable offers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back