Dynadot

discuss Phrase Domains could bring big bucks!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Here's a cool article I read today on "phrase domains". Check it out..
Mike Berkens has sold a lot of “longer” domains for a lot more money than most expected.

Over the years I have had people ask me, “How does he do it ?” I would say being a skilled negotiator and rich enough to always say no, top the list.

I decided to take a look at some of Mike’s best sales for phrases that are three words or more. This is not a complete list.

FindYourCalling.com, this domain was sold for $30,000 on Sedo in December of 2014. The domain was purchased by a company called Economic Modeling LLC or EMSI, they also registered the .us version while purchasing the .com from Mike.

http://tldinvestors.com/2016/12/former-mike-berkens-phrase-sales-that-are-now-developed.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I picked up power to discover .com which someone let expire or deleted.Long term hold.A good phrase needs long term hold and wait for an end user to knock on the door.

•••
I picked up power to discover .com which someone let expire or deleted.Long term hold.A good phrase needs long term hold and wait for an end user to knock on the door.
Yes I agree. I picked up.. Own Your Niche .com ..It's one that I really like too.

•••
Thanks for the article, give me hope for some of the domains in my portfolio!

•••
nice article.
got (dawtcom):

SupportTheTeam

:-,

Last edited:
•••
I managed to bag "BagThe.COM" a while ago. I think it could make for an interesting domaining or dropcatch/auction platform one day.

It's interesting to see big money going to places that aren't chips, spot on keywords or category killers. I imagine we'll see more of this as the market grows even further.

•••
I have a few phrase domains as well. Just holding on until they need it to market that phrase for a campaign or something.

•••
I own many of these types of domains. Haven't had a sale yet with those, but I feel it's one of those categories that you get nothing for 1-2 years, then get a decent offer from a particular end-user that pays for all of them. ie. imIntoYou.com, ItsBioTime.com, NeedToLaugh.com.. etc..

•••
Listen to it Rain / com

Ready or Not (?) / ca

Smash the Patriarchy / org

I like phrases. Good ones can have a lasting effect on the users mind. :)

Last edited:
•••
OutOfYourComfortZone.com is on GD closeouts for $10 right now.

Might be a fun purchase for anyone with an interest in backpacking, teambuilding, getting over social anxiety and so on.

•••
SorryYouLost.com and IknewThis.com dropped and are available.

•••
I have few but my favourite one is: BuyFlipRepeat.com
Until now I got 3 offers for this domain and highest one was - $800 I didnt accepted of course, kinda I like this domain name :)

•••
this is maybe the only 3 words domain I currently own.

BuyItFast.com

•••
I have few been holding long and short phrases.

SparkYourMind.com
DirtyFilthyMoney.com
TrackMyDay.com
DayAfterNight.com

A have scores of meaningful 2-worders like BrokeringIt, HomelyWomen, LeadershipArt, TonedButt, ImmortalCity, etc.. all in .COM, but I guess a phrase should be 3 or more words. 2 Words are sort of different category! Many others in .NET,.ORG, .IN...

•••
Berkens owns 80,000 domains at his peak, we all have a handful of these in our portfolios, but when you own 80,000 domains the few sales you do present are one off, or extra ordinary based on sheer numbers, and quality.

It doesn't mean much, he is the type of person who can ask $50K for a name, and reject $20K, whereas many of us would jump at that $20K.

Different principals, and variables at play, but in a pefect world by all means.

•••
he is the type of person who can ask $50K for a name, and reject $20K, whereas many of us would jump at that $20K.

True

•••
We have to remember that Berkins had a large portfolio and could afford to wait for his price on many of his domains.

That is the "secret"

We all have some of these "phrase" domains, but if we don't have a large portfolio of premium domains we can't afford to wait for the best price for our domains.

He was the king of these "phrase" type domains.

He could have held on to one of these for years before selling.

That was OK for him because he had a big enough portfolio to sustain him until he got his price.

•••
i have this
SpreadDomain.com if any interested

•••
Yes, I think the phrase must have a good and positive meaning.In this way can make people remember it.
And I like to use the phrases and the future of science and technology.For example: edenrobot.com(tech)

•••
frequentflyermiles.club
lorryforsale.com
mybig.club
happybirthday.christmas

•••
One more:

Turn Up The Sound / com

•••
:xf.grin: NO BAG LIMIT

.COM naturally. Hand-regged this fall. Planning on developing it myself, not selling...

•••
•••
Might not.be a domain for end user but i do have FindPerfectDomain

•••
My longest name...

StickItToTheMan dot com

A popular phrase from I think the 60's or 70's? I had some interested parties but no sale yet.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back