Domain Empire

.tv Phpsugar or phpmotion

NameSilo
Watch
I need a video script, and I'm wondering which one is the best to go if I have to consider bandwidth.

Phpsugar.com - video script allows you to embed from youtube.com (that means I can upload to youtube.com and place the videos on my website)

Phpmotion.com - Can be a very nice script with mods. The problem with this that videos must be uploaded onto your server, and some people may abuse your bandwidth and resources.

What would you choose if the videos are something that you made or your property and want to share it with the world?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We started with something small but the customer response was so good, that we choose to continue on this route.

PHP Melody 1.4 is nothing like Clipshare. Clipshare is a good script however, as i've said before, we choose to take PHP Melody on a different route.

First of all PHP Melody is focused solely on music videos and nothing more. We choose to use Youtube as a source since they host plenty videos and aren't likely do go bust pretty soon.

At a first glance, PHP Melody presents the following advantages:

- no need to host your own videos (cheaper bills)
- using Youtube's API you can import just about any video and thumbnails with just one click. I once imported a list of 14 videos in under 60 seconds.
- members area that allows members to post comments, create a list of favorite videos, create profiles, report bad videos and also share videos with their friends.
- comes with a database of over 3200 videos.
- reliable code and support.
- and many many more... ( complete list of features: http://www.phpsugar.com/melody.php )

PHP Melody is at an early stage right now and we expect the next version to have a custom player, more video sources and an option to integrate it with Joomla and vBulletin via a custom bridge.

If you have more questions please PM me. I'd be happy to help you or in fact anyone that's interested in starting a music video site.

•••
•••
Great find actelvision!
This was exactly what I was looking for :D
+REP

Last edited:
•••
actelvision said:
...i just discover/see but no tested... Embed is possible...
http://www.sharemixer.com/product_details.html

Nice find.
Can you add PPC, Affiliate Ads or Ad Banners on this script though?? I was thinking it would be ideal for an slightly adult domain i own but only if i can make some money through affiliate ad banners.

If anyone tries this one out then please give a review, looks nice so i hope it works out. :kickass:

•••
in fact i had the same problem (embeded+if possible photos) but i search for discount price :D ...not 200$ ...

For discount i see php motion (free) +addon($$)but embed only youtube and no photos...
http://phpmotion.com/forum/index.php?topic=1574.60

...for search i use hotscript.com with the keyword "youtube" or "video"... lot of script...

Last edited:
•••
PHPmotion is working on other embeds if you look at their forum. And the software is pretty good and seems easy to skin.

I can't quite understand why I would pay up to $200 (clipshare) when the same thing is basically available for free.

When I start looking for a system to do more, I would start looking at a lot higher end system anyway with a dedicated server just for that site that needs it.

And that is a ways off.

I just can't see spending $200 on a piece of software if I was just using shared hosting. Better to choose a host that already has phpmotion installable through fantastico.

•••
TheBulldog said:
I can't quite understand why I would pay up to $200 (clipshare) when the same thing is basically available for free.

Well, okay, I like having someone streamline installation for me, and a number to call when I have problems that need to be resolved. $200 a hit is a lot of money if you are trying to develop 1000 domains, but if two hundred bucks saves me a couple of months trying to figure out why the heck the free software isn't working for me, well, which is costing me more?

Part of the equation for me is estimating what my time is worth, and balancing it against performance tradeoffs between platforms.

I purchased clip-share, even paid 25 bucks for cs to install it for me, and voila, it is up and running almost immediately, and I can now customize to my heart's content on a live system.

•••
RogueWriter said:
Well, okay, I like having someone streamline installation for me, and a number to call when I have problems that need to be resolved. $200 a hit is a lot of money if you are trying to develop 1000 domains, but if two hundred bucks saves me a couple of months trying to figure out why the heck the free software isn't working for me, well, which is costing me more?

Part of the equation for me is estimating what my time is worth, and balancing it against performance tradeoffs between platforms.

I purchased clip-share, even paid 25 bucks for cs to install it for me, and voila, it is up and running almost immediately, and I can now customize to my heart's content on a live system.

Ok fair statement.....one question: Is clip share now available to all your accounts, or was it a one domain thing?

I ask ONLY because I don't know. I know that I can now install the software on all my sites on my server, and it is free. The initial setup was bitch, but knowing I can customize each site for fre.....kind of attractctive you know?

•••
Just that one domain, which is the primary disadvantage of paying for convenience like that. But, that's okay. I may very well follow your path with some other scripts on other sites. I just felt that the tradeoff was worth it in this case, I wanted something up right away. I am developing 4 web sites right now, and my hands are full coming up with content.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back