Dynadot

.tv Phpsugar or phpmotion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I need a video script, and I'm wondering which one is the best to go if I have to consider bandwidth.

Phpsugar.com - video script allows you to embed from youtube.com (that means I can upload to youtube.com and place the videos on my website)

Phpmotion.com - Can be a very nice script with mods. The problem with this that videos must be uploaded onto your server, and some people may abuse your bandwidth and resources.

What would you choose if the videos are something that you made or your property and want to share it with the world?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i'll just go with Phpsugar since you want to share it to the world with less bandwidth consumption.

mrdomainman said:
I need a video script, and I'm wondering which one is the best to go if I have to consider bandwidth.

Phpsugar.com - video script allows you to embed from youtube.com (that means I can upload to youtube.com and place the videos on my website)

Phpmotion.com - Can be a very nice script with mods. The problem with this that videos must be uploaded onto your server, and some people may abuse your bandwidth and resources.

What would you choose if the videos are something that you made or your property and want to share it with the world?

•••
Thanks weblord :)
After a careful consideration, I think I'll go with phpsugar

•••
PHPMOtion.

That other one kind of sucks for customizability.

•••
True.
I do like the mods made for phpmotion. It looks more professional than phpsugar.
hmm
Only if phpmotion had an embedding option.
Thanks TheBulldog

•••
•••
Sorry weblord.
I meant embedding videos from other video sites like google, metacafe, youtube, revver, etc are not possible yet for phpmotion.
phpsugar is only restricted to youtube atm.

•••
.... phpdirector is sympathic ( ...and free... phpdirector.co.uk) but i wait the latest release...

•••
•••
Yep, I have been screwed on that before.

I understand why they encrypt scripts, I just wish they would say it BOLDLY before you buy.

9 times out of 10, a script is almost what I want, but I usually have a need to tweak.

•••
PHP Melody 1.4 version was released a few days ago (www.phpsugar.com).

If you still need a a reliable application please let me know. I'd love to help you out.

•••
phpsugar said:
PHP Melody 1.4 version was released a few days ago (www.phpsugar.com).

If you still need a a reliable application please let me know. I'd love to help you out.

Thanks phpsugar. I've bought your product about a month ago :)

I'll be upgrading to v 1.4 now.

I hope we will be able to see more features like more video providers to embed from in the next upgrade :)

•••
•••
Does any of this scripts supports embeded adverts?

•••
Check out www.antiquemall.tv . Only one video there, but you can get the idea. This is from clip-share.com , not too expensive. Heck, I paid an extra 25 just to have them set it up for me, lol.

•••
The php script that I'm working on (PHP Melody) will surely support Adsense in videos as soon a Google makes this service public.

Right now, i don't think there are too many options for you.

Maybe you can be a little more clear an what you want. Do you only need to display a banner before the player loads?

Or do you want something like megavideo.com has?

Hope this helps!

•••
•••
I'm Paul.

Don't get me wrong, I love how that player looks but from what I know Adsense embeded in videos is still in BETA and here are the terms:

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=video_joinbeta

I didn't had time to look into it but the guys from isoftplayer must be simply taking the traditional adsense box and placing it into the video player.

I strongly believe that's not allowed.

Let me know if you find anything new on this topic since I'm very interested in doing this as soon as it's allowed. Otherwise what's the point?

•••
I agree, i wont do anything thats not allowed.
Nevertheless i have some adult wesite developement plans and i think its gong to be used as well over there.
I m sure i ve seen this kind of adverts in other live websites but to be sure i m going to email google adsense dep.

•••
I'd also be interested to hear if Google approves displaying ads in this way. It sure does look very good, and the chances of getting a few clicks would most likely be much higher than simply displaying ads around the video itself.

Alex

•••
At this point, unless you are one of the beta testers, google does not allow their ads to be used in this fashion. Much the same as them not allowing their ads to be placed next to images, because it gives the false impression the two are linked somehow.

I looked into this awhile back because I was trying to see if I could surround a video on the edge with ads.

•••
Yes, i just checked this from googles video beta website.
They allow people to be beta testers if they get million views per month, that means we must wait a little more.

Either way i dont mind waiting since this is the only way to monetize pure .tv domains from ppc.

•••
It's not all bad. This means they'll be allowing us, the 'common folk', to join in pretty soon.

As soon as it's out of beta and ready to go, we'll surely have Adsense embedded in PHP Melody's video player.

•••
phpsugar, can you tell us a bit about your video platform?

Obviously, there are alternatives out there, like PHPmotion is free, while clipshare starts at $99. So what is the positives of yours that would make it better to use?

Also, I can't see where yours does conversions, unless I am missing something, it looks like it just embeds.

•••
Phpsugar, would you be able to somehow make many multiple providers possible (something like channelme.tv) like metacafe, dailymotion, google videos etc for the next upgrade?
If you can do that, then I believe that this script will be even better.
If it's just youtube embedding, I think people will just go to youtube.
I really believe that this is a crucial feature that needs to be emphasized with your team.
Thanks! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back