Dynadot

domain PhoneInsurance.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LordMomo

Established Member
Impact
Looking at possibly buying this domain as I own a number of PhoneInsurance+keyword domains.
(I work in insurance but will not be the end user)
Any idea of what sort of price you would pay for it?
Seller is starting at $25k but I'm sure I can work him down a little.

Momo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I cant say nothing about the price, but who makes today phone insurance?
You mean mobile phones?
In Spain, the costumer usually go and buy a new one and pay by month.
I dont think somebody will pay insurance on his mobile phone.
The unique way to make him pay is at the moment of payment in the store, adding it as additional service.
They dont need websites for this.
No one will search for phone insurance in internet.
IMHO

•••
Yes mobile phones.
Very big in South Africa. Also in UK and to a lesser extent USA, Canada, Australia.
Research a company called Asurion

•••
But what happens on this market?
Ok, companies exist, but who today insure his mobile?
Stolen or broken one is easily replace by a new mobile and paid month by month.
But ok maybe in South Africa this market is still works, but I am not sure about Europe
Just IMHO

•••
Hey lord ,phone insurance is huge in the us ,I pay it myself ,the problem is the cell providers sell this insurance themselves ,so I cant see a market for this, any business that will be start up would have to have major seo costs ,so the name will not mean too much,also the price is way too high,your paying end user prices sounds like a purchase from the unireg cult

•••
I don't know about Spain, but from personal experience, a relatively large portion of people's salaries is spent on mobile phones in SA. Most (higher income) people have iPhones or Samsungs that are not older than 3 years. These phones are relatively expensive and insurance mitigates the loss of their phones.
Also Phone Insurance in the past few years, not only covers theft or write offs, but also repairs (cracked screens etc).
If I have to use google.co.za for "Phone Insurance", the first 4 entries are ads. The companies offering it are everything from General Insurers to Banks and Cellular Network providers. There are a lot of competitors.

•••
i would suggest you to try buying mobile insurance rather than phone insurance ..just a suggestion

•••
Hey lord ,phone insurance is huge in the us ,I pay it myself ,the problem is the cell providers sell this insurance themselves ,so I cant see a market for this, any business that will be start up would have to have major seo costs ,so the name will not mean too much,also the price is way too high,your paying end user prices sounds like a purchase from the unireg cult
You're right Ben. The owner is definitely waiting on an end user. I saw somewhere (sedo maybe?) that he has had multiple offers. I too offered him 10k for it but had no counter offer from him. He's quite firm on price.

The thing is that in SA for example, we sometimes purchase directly from Samsung or Apple or from wholesalers and then insure afterwards. Search these SA companies: Hippo.co.za and 1stForWomen.

•••
i would suggest you to try buying mobile insurance rather than phone insurance ..just a suggestion
Thanks for the reply Sophia. I also thought about this. The thing is that, apart from certain Asian countries like India, consumers generally refer to mobile phones as just "phones" and not "mobiles". They therefore search online as such.

But I am still waiting for price quotes from the owners of mobile insurance and device insurance

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back