NameSilo

domain pgp.org - what is a realistic price for the name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm no longer using the old pgp.org name and would like to sell it but, online appraisals range from 7.3k to 14.3k ... actually, one said 43k but that seems silly LOL ... thoughts appreciated - thanks ... the questions listed in the rules I see...

1. Acquisition Reason: was used for an old neighborhood website
2. Markets: no idea
3. Research: couple of online appraisal engines (see above)
4. End-User Value: I don't understand this one?
5. Reseller Value: I don't understand this one either?
6. Traffic: one of the engines said something over 60K searches/month exact and 450+K for partials - I have no idea if this is real but I do local tracking on my stuff and there have been 486 hits on the sale page I have it pointed to as of since Sat Mar 09 13:57:01 CST 2019 (about 10 days ago)

7. Revenue: none
8. Age: I began using it in 1999

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe you can sell it for 1000-3000$.

Check similar sales on namebio

•••
Reseller price, could be 500-1500$ (when domain purchased by a domainer as invesment), and End-user price is a final buyer. Who needs especially that name for his project. For example i've started an online business (or retail shop) named "pets got paws" :)

•••
Very nice name. You know what PGP is right ? :xf.wink:
Surely you know since you link to the .com from your own page.

Realistically a low- to mid-$$$$. Because the business case is not that obvious.
PGP and free variants like GPG (unlike Symantec) are closely associated with the free software ecosystem.

•••
Due to the type of domain and the possible end-user market it is easily worth $7,500 reseller or $20,000 end-user an encryption related domain of this quality is uncommon.

•••
hav, asked for realistic price :)

He can wait for a long time until someone will spend 20k for it.
Considering that no one contacted him with offer, all that time he's own it.

But... depends on luck.

•••
Very nice name. You know what PGP is right ? :xf.wink:
Surely you know since you link to the .com from your own page.

Realistically a low- to mid-$$$$. Because the business case is not that obvious.
PGP and free variants like GPG (unlike Symantec) are closely associated with the free software ecosystem.
:) yup - I've been around for a while - used for neighborhood but no longer there so not needed

•••
hav, asked for realistic price :)

He can wait for a long time until someone will spend 20k for it.
Considering that no one contacted him with offer, all that time he's own it.

But... depends on luck.
yeah - just wondering if worth it to post it on something like SEDO or wherever

•••
yeah - just wondering if worth it to post it on something like SEDO or wherever

Sure, with minimal offer set. Just to prevent unprofitable offers :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back