Payoneer

Pet Stores in the US Industry Report

Discussion in 'Niche Domain Discussion' started by Loxline, Jun 18, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. Loxline

Loxline Established Member

Pet owners will invest in premium products and services as the economy improves.

[​IMG]

Pet stores sell a variety of pets, including dogs, cats, sh and birds. Stores also sell pet foods and pet supplies, such as collars, leashes, health and beauty aids, shampoos, medication, toys, pet containers, dog kennels and cat furniture. Some stores also o er pet services, such as grooming and training.

Download Attached PDF

Attached Files:

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. offthehandle

offthehandle Business Member Business Account

3. usernamex

usernamex Kiss My Wumbo Visit ★.tk VIP

Agree the niche is the way to go and that sounds more like an end user will brainstorm on than find aftermarket. It always surprises me these companies can make any profit with shipping costs on super heavy items like huge bags of food or cases of canned food. There's so many competing offers you can use a different vendor each time and get better discounts, zero loyalty. Although I'm sure some people do auto ship for convenience verses cost.

As a cat person, I actually have a bunch of cat related domains, some only for personal use. The potential cuteness factor is a bad influence on my judgement of resale value of the domain : grin :

4. offthehandle

Commodities unless some strong brand name all suffer zero loyalty. The challenge is finding a subniche or creating your own market. I buy to collect names like that too just because I can too, its part of the adventure. Certainly a lot of ingenuity and creativity in the drops, I am continuously entertained. There are some funny names, most have no business value but really hilarious plays on words. Reminds me of being a kid reading Mad Magazine sometimes.

Mail order dog food, diapers in bulk, bottled water delivered to your door are great for consumers, but as a business... lol. I have a friend who DHL shipped a mattress outside the country, the shipping costs far exceeded the value. He loved the mattress, some people really would not mind spending $10. on a dog food gourmet cookie. Good margins on that.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  5. Kate

Kate Thinking inside the Box™ VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  6. DnEbook

DnEbook DnEbook.Com VIP

7. offthehandle

Just saw something on the news: GoodReasons dot com sells fresh ingredient biscuits made by handicapped/challenged people, it's a not for profit organization... saw on the news. BarkBox I guess is an online subscription business... fyi.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!