Personal Productivity Megathread

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

How do you think about productivity?

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
:heavy_check_mark: Epik Founder
Impact
18,367
I am a big fan of productivity hacks -- how to get a lot done in a day. There are some folks here that I know think similarly, and are generous with their ideas and input. I want to see if we can all raise our A-games by sharing productivity hacks that let us get more done in a day. My original list is a bit generic and was posted in a LinkedIn article:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/startup-productivity-2018-robert-monster/

I have been thinking more about this topic lately. I am hoping that like-minded folks with experience can share some of their favorite productivity hacks. If folks do have good hacks, please bring them and we'll see if we can help lots of folks do great in domains and in life! If we work together, we can make the pie BIGGER rather than fight over the small pie.
 
12
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Thanks all for the good productivity hacks. Several years ago my friends in tech told me to buy domains and I had no idea what they were or their worth. Over the last year domaining has been a hobby of mine that intrigued me so much. As you can see from past posts a year ago I had no idea about domains and what good domains were. I believe everyone believes their junk is good and try to convince themselves otherwise. I have learned a lot thanks to @Rob Monster and several others and only come to namespro to read these great threads and pickup domains at discount.

That being said for productivity hacks I have a lot. Here on the east coast there is a big biohacker community I am involved with. Meaning hacking the brain, sleep, anti-aging etc to improve quality of life.

Being that i'm in my 20's and I care about preventative measures and brain health I will share some of my hacks. If someone is interested in more in depth feel free to message me.

Sleep is the most important. Whether you sleep 5 hours or 10 hours everyone is different and their body/brains need different amounts dependent on so many factors.

Sleep hygiene:
-Make sure you're clean before going into bed
-Black out shades. Light messes with Melatonin
-Eye mask if you don't want black out shades/curtains
-Air filter
-Sleep with phone away from head(radiation near brain isn't ideal)
-Chillipad ( I need the room to be cold. This goes under the mattress)

Meditation. Whether it be 5 minutes or 20 minutes. Sometimes just breathing for 5 minutes. I have bee into holotropic breathing lately. Check Youtube for what works for you. Also visualization and manifesting what you want. I know it sounds woo woo but I believe if you visualize then write down that is your blue print. You can't build a house without blue prints first!

I do intermittent fasting every morning and only eat my meals in a window from (2pm-10pm) during the week. Keeps me sharp and don't have to worry about food spiking blood sugar. Instead of long fasts like 3-5 days I believe what works best for me is 12-16 hour fasting windows. Lots of info you can read on this. Ben Greenfield comes to mind.

Make sure you are getting air everyday. GO for a walk at lunch. Before bed, first thing in the morning. Whatever works in your schedule. Even better to see the sun rise as it sets your circadian rhythm for the day.

Do some form of sweating. Whether it be sitting in sauna, working out at the gym, resistant band training, sprints, or 20 minute walk. If you are short on time I recommend https://www.amazon.com/Body-Science-Research-Strength-Training/dp/0071597174

You can find a video of it on youtube. Tim Ferriss talks about it.


Make a blueprint for the day and week about what you want to accomplish. I feel when I write things down I am held accountable and there is no procrastination.

Healthy relationships. Steer clear of toxic people sucking your energy. Take breaks. Power naps in the afternoon.

Eating healthy: Grass fed meats, fish, organic fruits and vegetables. Supplement if you need. If i could only recommend one supplement it would be colostrum. I have several supplements I take but don't want to overload. Filtered water is a must

Stay grounded. Get blood work done.

It is okay to lookout for others but don't be afraid to be selfish at times. One of my favorite quotes I don't remember where I heard it from. “If I am not for myself, who will be? If I am only for myself, what am I? "
 
3
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back