NameSilo

Pendsetup: (540) Attribute value not unique..

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

Redleg

Ultima Ratio RegumVIP Member
Impact
37
Tried to register some names with Godaddy today..

But I received this mail about two of them:
The following domain name has failed to be registered:

[domain name]

Error: pendsetup: (540) Attribute value not unique;

We will evaluate this error and retry the registration if appropriate.

I have recieved the same mail three times now, so it looks like Godaddy still tries to register the names..

And I got this mail about two other names i tried to register
Error: pendsetup: (554) Domain already registered;

We will evaluate this error and retry the registration if appropriate.

All of the domains showed as unregistered, and I did not forget any fields or anything like that in the registration process...
Three other domains I tried to register at the same time seems ok..

Anyone who knows what this means, or who has experiences like this?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
it looks like a false reg. If that is the case, you will get a refund which takes about 5 days to process.
 
0
•••
Yeah, it was... :|
Got a mail from Godaddy today, where thay said that they'll refund the money...

Checked the whois data now, turns out that the domains were regged the day before I tried...
Strange that they showed up as unregged on Godaddy...... ?
 
0
•••
yea red, that has happened to me on 2 seperate occasions. both times i was so happy because i thought i just picked up big money maker just to find out that it was regged elsewhere. :|
 
0
•••
I asked a friend of mine about that. He speculates that that
540 error occured because GD tried to register a domain
name that actually already existed in the registry prior to
your attempt to register it.

As a followup, the 554 occured because the registrar tried
to register a domain name that they already did.

According to him, that does happen to most if not every
registrar once in a blue moon. Tech issues.

Are they still registered? Under you or someone else?
 
0
•••
Are they still registered? Under you or someone else?

Still registered by someone else..
Regged the day before I tried...
 
0
•••
Oh well, that happened to me once, too. I was so excited, but then I got that email. Actually, now I think I was better off without the name. ;)
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back