Watch

Who Will Catch PendingDelete PDM.COM?

• 32 votes
  • Ended 9 years ago
  • Final results

Expron

Senior MemberVIP Member
Impact
In a few days PDM.COM will become released from the registry. Let's have fun and try to predict who will catch the name. Whoever is lucky to catch this name will have caught a nice name. If it goes to auction, the price will grab traction in the thousands. I predict $10K+.

It's a shame to see this name in pending delete. It is currently registered to: Pitt-DesMoines, Inc.which operated from 1892 - 2002. they built notable structures such as the gateway Arch in St. Louis MO & the forked columns for the World Trade center.

Let's see who will catch the name and who will take over this premium drop.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First of all I am surprised to see this pending delete...

•••
I already voted for DropCatch. I rarely use them, because I do not like the fact that all names go to public auction, but the reality is that I see they catch most of the names I backorder somewhere else. Not sure how they do it, but seem to be catching nearly every good name...

Last edited:
•••
I believe it drops today, Easter.

•••
•••
No need to poll this as all Network Solutions drops are being auctioned off on Namejet exclusively http://www.networksolutions.com/namejet/index.jsp

What you are referring to is NameJet expiring domains process.
This domain name is on status pendingDelete.
It passed the phase of expiring domains process.
Anyone will be able to register when it will be dropped.
Though one of the major drop catchers is more than likely to catch it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Surprising to see that this name is on the Pending list! Goes to show you though, there's always opportunity. Keep your eyes open.

I say NJ snags it though.

-Omar

•••
As I thought it will be.
Dropcatch.com caught it and it went to public auction :(

•••
What? Nobody bought this in NameJet's Pre-release auction? Impossible! I voted for DC too.

•••
•••
Im going to guess and say that this hits at least 30k

•••
How did this not get a single bid at NJ pre-release. I don't recall ever seeing in pre-release. :S Confused I must say..

•••
•••
Bidding was up to $7K when I saw it earlier today.

I put the backorder for the domain everywhere except dropcatch and they got the name.

•••
Yep, DropCatch got it. The bidding is at $18,150 with 2 days & 16 hours remaining. This auction will cover the cost of the registrars HD owns and afford new ones. Giving their drop catch strength and auction platform more power.

This was a very rare drop & I'm surprised it wasn't caught while it was in redemption period. Maybe the contact info in the whois record wasn't reachable. It had a phone number and email listed.

•••
I remember seeing LLL.com domains on eBay back in the late 90's for a few dollars.. oh man.. I had no idea these three letter things would be worth so much in the future.

•••
22 605 now, it's gone beyond my expectations.

Really weird, how no one could reach the owner, it could turn into a pure bargain

•••
22 605 now, it's gone beyond my expectations.

Really weird, how no one could reach the owner, it could turn into a pure bargain
Moldovean zici :p - welcome to Namepros ! Daca vrei hai la un PM! sanatate!

•••
Anything is possible in this industry :)

•••
This domain didn't go through the standard pre-release process for a very good reason: PDM.com did not expire.

If you view the history of this domain on something such as DomainTools, you will see that the previous expiration date was April 1st, 2015, yet the domain dropped on April 5th, 2015.

I have done extensive research into the expiration and deletion process of domains, and based upon my calculations, this domain would have to have been *manually* deleted on February 27th, 2015, in order for the domain to drop on April 5th (A domain drops on the 37th day after the delete command is sent in to Verisign).

I notice this from time to time on decent domains, but it's very rare for this to happen on a domain as valuable as a good LLL.com.

•••
Anything is possible in this industry :)

Due to the nature of public auction it is no longer bound to the Domaining industry(resellers).
Many End users may find this domain name and bid since it's a public auction.
I'm sure they are also advertising this auction besides the redirect from the domain.

Due to the nature of public auction on Dropcatch.com and to the fact most good domains are getting many backorders on their system, it is almost useless to backorder a domain there.
They also caught heads.net and others on this drop.
I used their system in the past but I may stop using their drop catching services soon.
Public auction is very bad to Domaining.

Last edited:
•••
@JBubba If what you are stating is true and can be confirmed by others then..anything is possible in this industry.

@Sheogorath DropCatch.com is destroying the industry by allowing everyone to bid on their names and catching the best domains. Practically, they are selling to end-users. If everyone would have the same attitude and strategy then we would have no re-seller market. I honestly do not use them and will not do it as on the long run I believe we will all lose.

•••
I remember seeing LLL.com domains on eBay back in the late 90's for a few dollars.. oh man.. I had no idea these three letter things would be worth so much in the future.

How about NNNN.com's which if memory serves me right were still selling for low $xxx only about 7 years ago. What a miss lol.

•••
NetworkSolutions is buggy, big-time. If people knew how insecure they are they would be running from networksolutions...

it is not the first time that they let a domain miss their own expiration cycle. mind you that this practice should be illegal. no registrar should be able to take a domain and auction it, unless under extenuating circumstances, which should be record in their bookkeeping for 3 years.

but lets move on.

PDM.com and GONO.com are just two examples of something gone wrong. in the case of PDM.com my guess is that someone tried to take control of the domain and the domain was put on-hold. the domain should have drop last year but was kept one more year at NetworkSolutions and the administrative contact email was changed to a previous employee who stated that he had no control over the domain name.

then it should be moved to NameJet for auction and easy profiteering but NS is so F#$ incompetent that they let the domain go to redemption period.

DropCatch MO is unfair because they are capitalizing on domainer's backorders to gauge the interest on a domain and then put it to sale on a public auction. but the action of catching the domain by itself is less unfair/ilegal/unethical than place a domain for sale after it has expired, something that is clearly in violation of ICANN rules to nobody's interest, including ICANN itself.

We, as a community, play along with this scam because we get domains that most people don't know how to by this way. But at the expense that these guys are making loads of money with almost no risk and one day they are going to compete with us in catching domains with these profits. In fact they are alreadina doing that, not to mention the portfolios that have been assembled by taking expired domains and not even sell them, wich is completely aggaints ICANN rules for years (for instance, tucows portfolio in yummynames).

back to NS f***ups, they have even move domains for auction at NameJet without warning (making private auctions with almost no bidders) so letting domains drop is no surprise.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back